Multi-language Plugins recommended

Hello all,

I have just installed Shapely Theme on my wordpress. Before uploading my content I would like to know any recommendation or experiences for multi-language plugins on this theme. I had several problems before using differents kinds of multi-language plugins with other themes and I was wondering if there any good experience or recommendation for Shapely.

Thanks!
Andrés

By the way, I have read on previous post that Colorlib is WPML ready but I am more familiar with QTranslate. Any experiences?

Hi,

You can use qTranslate too, and for translate widgets use this, Frequently Asked Questions – qTranslate-X explained

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Thanks for your reply, Laranz.

Yes, I am trying qTranslate and works great with the multi-language tags. However, I have found some problems to integrate HTML tags between the language tags. For example, I would like to use <br /> or <q> but the widget does´t recognise those labels. Any idea how to solve this??

Thanks,
Andres

Hi,

Which home page widget you want to support HTML? If you mean the parallax widget means, go to /wp-content/plugins/shapely-companion/inc/widgets/widget-home-parallax.php in line #83 you will find this,

echo ($body_content != '') ? '<p class="mb32">' . esc_html($body_content) . '</p>' : '';

change that to,

echo ($body_content != '') ? '<p class="mb32">' . $body_content . '</p>' : '';

This will allow all the HTML tags in the content, instead, esc_html you can try wp_kses too, for more try this, wp_kses() | Function | WordPress Developer Resources

PS: I request for this feature to our development team too: https://github.com/puikinsh/shapely/issues/162

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Thanks @laranz.

Can you pass a similar solution for the Features section?

On the Lodge section of the site below, the <p> and <b> tags are being rendered as text instead of styling them.

http://catskillpines.com/pines/#shapely_home_features-3

Thanks,
Jinhi

@laranz, I forgot to mention that it’s still not rendering correctly on mobile. Please see attached screengrab.

It is rendering correctly on desktop though:

http://catskillpines.com/pines/#shapely_home_parallax-13

Best,
Jinhi

Hi,

1. You can do the same on this file, /wp-content/plugins/shapely-companion/inc/widgets/widget-home-features.php
  2. Which mobile you’re checking, I tried and it displays like this, http://take.ms/67iK4

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

@laranz, thanks for the reply.

The screengrab that you took is showing what I see, which is no line breaks. But there should be line breaks. On desktop, you will see that there are line breaks. More importantly, you will also note that the <br> and <b> tags are showing up as code, and not rendering the text, as they should.

I took a look at the file: /wp-content/plugins/shapely-companion/inc/widgets/widget-home-features.php, but couldn’t find what you had originally told us to look for, that is:

echo ($body_content != '') ? '<p class="mb32">' . esc_html($body_content) . '</p>' : '';

change that to,

echo ($body_content != '') ? '<p class="mb32">' . $body_content . '</p>' : '';

I’ve attached the php file that I have. Can you let me know what line I should be looking at, and what I should change to?

Thanks so much,
Jinhi

@laranz, I was able to figure out where to make the change on that php file! Yay! So now <b>and <br> work on desktop, but line breaks still do not work on mobile. I’ve attached a screengrab from my desktop showing where the line breaks should appear.

I did notice that even on desktop, if I make the browser window narrower, the line breaks also disappear!l Can you figure out how to make that stop?

Thanks again,
Jinhi

Hi,

Glad you edited the way you wanted. :slight_smile:

Instead <br> tag, can you use the paragraph tag <p> and see that helps? After that, if that produce more margin-bottom means use this Custom CSS to reset the margin,

.shapely_home_features p {
    margin-bottom: 0;
}

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Thanks @laranz! That worked like a charm.

Hi @tree2x,

Glad we helped. :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have any other questions in a separate thread.

Thanks,
laranz.