navigation bar drop down stopped working + images gone

Hi @araca,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

The theme update had caused the issue which is resolved in the latest version of theme as described in the following thread but it didn’t cause any issue on the site like you.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/update-causes-white-screen-of-death/#post-49038

After the update, my website vanished- white screen. Most my plugins were also gone from the admin panel.

Have you updated the theme or WordPress on your site?

If the theme then what was your old and new updated versions?

The theme update can’t delete images or plugins on your site. It must be happening due to other reasons.

1) the navigation bar drop down is not working. Nothing happens when I click.

Yes i could confirm the issue on your site but it’s working fine on my test site using latest version of Dazzling theme.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

2) most of the pictures links are broken and I see that they are gone from the folders, those folders are empty or nearly empty on the server. Is it even possible that images get erased from the server?? I had copies to some of the images and I’m now working on manually replacing them- it’s a lot of work!

You must find out what caused this issue. This can be due to the process of resetting performed by your web host or due to virus or malware so please check it first and fix it then restore it again using backup if you have any.

Best Regards,
Movin