Navigation font changes

Hello I’m using the Shapely theme and recently I’ve updated to 1.1.6. I also updated to Wordpress 4.8 right after one another. Now the nice font in the main navigation (just there, not anywhere else) has been changed to black and seem to crashes into each other like the font size has gotten bigger but the leading has not changed so each letter is touching the next one. The only browser it looks ok on is Chrome but in Chrome there are two arrows that show up in the main navigation link that opens a pull down list. This wasn’t happening in 1.1.2. How do I fix this? I’ve attached screenshots.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Could you please provide a link to your website so that I can inspect it?

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,
http://calvindesign.com

Hey there,

I had a look at your site, and everything seems to be looking good.
I’ve attached a screenshot from 3 different browsers Chrome, Safari and Opera

Please try clearing your browser cache, if your hosting has a caching option, or a plugin please clear these as well.

Let me know what happens.

Best Regards,
Support.

Hi,
Thanks for looking into it for me. My problem is that it no longer looks like the what it did before I updated. I didn’t add any plugins since the update. I’ve attached the screenshot of the demo for shapely and that’s what I liked about it, the clean nice typeface of this theme. The way it is now (your screenshots) looks like an amateur designer put it together that doesn’t know anything about typography and I can’t have that. Any way to get it back to looking like the demo?

Thanks,
Calvin

Hello there,

You can use the following CSS code to change the appearance of the menu items by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there.

/*Menu font apearance*/
.main-navigation .menu li a {
    font-size: 11px;
    font-weight: 600;
    letter-spacing: 1px;
    color: #0e1015;
    opacity: 0.5;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks so much!
What would the css class be for font in the drop down? They are a little too light and hard to read I’d love to get them a little bit darker.

You guys are so fast to respond.

Calvin

I’ve updated the site with your code so you can see how light the pull down is live now.

Thanks again.

Hey there,

Thank you for replying with this information.

Here’s the CSS code for editing the drop down menu.

/*drop down menu item*/
.main-navigation .menu > li > ul li a {
    color: #8c979e;
    font-size: 15px;
    font-weight: 700;
}

Best Regards,
Support.

One last question on this subject, I promise,

The rollover class? I’ve been trying to find it on my own in the css and it’s confusing.

Thanks.