Navigation menu

Just started using Shapely and it has been great so far. I am making a one page site for now and would like some of my sections on the home page to be able to be links in the top navigation so people can jump down to that section. How do I set this up?
Thanks!

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You would have to create anchored links, to do so go to Appearance > Menus then edit or create a new menu and add a Custom URL in this url you will have to add a CSS div selector which looks like #shapely_home_parallax-3.

You can find the selector by right clicking on the section on the page you want to use as the anchor point then use “Inspect Element” to see the div selector.

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you for your quick response and it appears to work however it causes a problem if I keep the navigation menu in mobile mode even on a desktop width. I can’t find where I turned that on as I want to bring the navigation menu back to showing completely on desktop version. Can you tell me where to find where I can change that back?
Thanks again!
Rose

Hi @rose2468

mm… to be honest not clearly understand question :frowning: can you tell me how to replicate your problem? also, please provide url of your website and i will check your question directly on your website

I am using MAMP so there is no way to send you a link but you can see from the attached screenshot that the nav menu is in “mobile” mode. I originally thought I wanted that but I want regular desktop mode for it to spread across the top. On one of the menus I was able to click that I always want the menu in mobile mode but I can’t find that again. Do you know where that is?

Also I saw on the forums that many people have tried to overlay the nav menu on the large hero parallax picture but the answer has been that there is always going to be “body” which is white on the top of the website. I have tried using some of the different css and also end up with white body on top. Is there a workaround to have the site start with the picture and the menu truly be on top of it? I know how to change the colors of the text so that isn’t the issue.

Thanks so much,
Rose

Hello there,

In order to change the menu mode, go to Appearance > Customize > Theme Options > Main Options > Mobile Menu on Desktop.

For the second issue, we would have to see your page otherwise we would have to provide untested code.

Best Regards,
Support