Need help with few things

Hello,

I would love if someone could help me with those things I can’t figure out, cheers! They should be pretty simple but I don’t know how to do it.

1. I want to change my drop down menu font as Karla doesn’t support some Czech characters

2. I want to replace the placeholder “Search…” with my own thing but I can’t get the html right

3. I want to translate the “My cart” text on homepage but nothing works, I’ve tried .po editor, LOCO translate plugin and a lot of gooling but I can’t do it

Site isn’t live yet, thanks

Hi,

1. Please add this Custom CSS in Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS,

.sf-menu a { font-family: Arial; }

You use some plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-google-fonts/ to change that to a different Google font too.

2 & 3. You can translate that using the Loco Translate plugin, if you want to edit that using Child theme means you can copy the top-header.php from the parent theme and edit the text inside the file in the child theme.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Thank you, solved all 3 BUT at 2 & 3 I need to use special characters from my language so if I edit the .php and add the characters I want the text will not be there, if I add just basic letters the text changes (Můj košík x Muj kosik) correctly. If I change the formating of the .php file to UTF8 the text displays correctly but I get white line above header. How would I solve this?

hi there

“but I get white line above header” - where is this white line? please provide url of the page and screenshot of the problem

Hello, attached 2 picutres, website isn’t live yet

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you to use the LOCO translate and edit the text, editing .php is always not recommended especially for string replacement, also if you still facing even with the loco translate, after the website live or in a dev state, pass us the WP Login details, we will check what is going wrong.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hey,

you can try logging in as “tyche”, pass “tyche123” at http://www.jakuchar.cz/wp-login.php

I would like the Account changed to “Přihlášení” and My cart to “Můj košík”, currently it’s back to original text and coding. Also please tell me how you did it.

Thanks a ton

Hi,

I changed the Account words to the word you said, but My Cart is not changing, did you changed somewhere else? Can you try to undo that, and then translate that text alone using the Loco Translate?

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hey,

I didn’t translate it anywhere else, just using LOCO, editing the header.php file and tried poedit software where I restored the first version because neither did the trick.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You can try using the say what plugin to translate those simple lines:

Best Regards,
Support

Well thank you, I managed to change it with the say-what plugin after many other things failed.

Thanks a lot!

Hello there,

I am glad the solution worked for you.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support