New version and the page caps at the start of posts...

The new version seems to have rendered some of my CSS useless. I’ve sorted most if not all of it. (meta data / post header / author box all seem to have changed…)

The only issue I’m now having is the large caps at the start of a post. I’m sure that wasn’t there before. How do I get rid of it? It’s big and ugly and does nothing but make the text ave a strange layout.

Sorry should be clear - how do I remove the drop caps?? Why would you put it it - it’s so ugly!

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You can use the following CSS code to remove the drop caps by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there.

/*Drop caps removal*/
.single-post .entry-content .dropcaps-content > p:first-child:first-letter {
    float: inherit;
    font-size: inherit;
    margin: inherit;
    margin-right: inherit;
    color: inherit;
}

Best Regards,
Support

It would appear that that CSS doesn’t work. I’m trying to remove the drops caps from my portfolio entries (they have text explaining them).

Also noticed sticky header css doesn’t seem to be working. This is like a complete reformat of what was already an excellent theme…

Hello,

You can disable caps on the portfolio single page by going to Customize -> Projects Settings -> Project Single Settings and disable First Letter Caps.

In order to inspect the sticky header issue can you give us an URL to your website ?

Sorry for the inconvenience,
George.

Thanks… managed to sort it all now, even managed to clean up some of my CSS as a result.

Website is matthew-hodge.com

The header seems to be wider than before and isn’t as sticky especially once off the front page. I want the header 1 to appear under the wordpress bar when logged in and 2 closed follow the scroll of the page.

Whilst your looking at the site, care to offer any tips on how to speed it up?

Hello there,

The sticky header seems to be working correctly on my end, could you provide an image of what you are seeing?
As it relates to speeding up your site, you can use a cache plugin to clear your WordPress cache, here are a few free ones:

Best Regards,
Support