'No Sidebar Layout' Issues

Hello!

I’m new to blogging and know next to nothing about coding so any help would be appreciated.

I am trying to create a blog post with the ‘Template: Featured Image (No Sidebar Layout)’ format but the posts that I’m testing out come out looking similar to ‘Template: Featured Image (Full Width No Sidebar Layout)’.

When creating the post, I do select No Sidebar for layout. I’ve tried it with and without featured images or images in post. I did put in some custom css that I got from other forum posts (is it affecting the layout?). Can you help me figure out where I went wrong? Thanks!

Another image attached

Hi @tmrrwsnm,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using latest version of Activello theme.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is not displaying correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thank you for the quick reply. The website is not launched yet since I’m still working on it. The following are the credentials to view it:

user: [email protected]
pw: 49WFZxTJ5cbNl2

thank you!

I troubleshooted it on your site and found the following custom CSS you have added in your site is causing this issue so please remove that custom CSS code from your site to make it work.

.main-content-inner.col-sm-12 {
    width: 100%;
}

Hi Movin,

Thank you! I see what is happening.

I added that portion of code in so that the front page is the only page with a sidebar. Without that part, the posts in shown in a category are shifted to the left rather than in the middle with no sidebar. Is there a way to have the sidebar only show up on the front page while still centering the categories?

Thank you for your time!
Adrienne

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

I added that portion of code in so that the front page is the only page with a sidebar. Without that part, the posts in shown in a category are shifted to the left rather than in the middle with no sidebar. Is there a way to have the sidebar only show up on the front page while still centering the categories?

You can use the below custom CSS code to achieve this.

.main-content-inner.col-sm-12 {
    width: 100%;
}
@media (min-width: 992px){
.main-content-inner.col-sm-12.no-sidebar {
   width: 66.66666667%;
}
}

Hi Movin,

That worked perfectly! Thank you so much!!!

Best,
Adrienne

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: