"older posts" going to a 404 page for only one category

“Older posts” works on all my categories but one. I have no idea why. This is the problem category: http://www.smallbones.ca/category/blog/lessons-from-real-life/

Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out.
In relation to your query here, could you ensure that both your WordPress and Site URL match., within the Settings>General section of your dashboard.

I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Support.

Cripes, now it’s not letting me into my site! “Insecure Connection.” I had seen somewhere that I should change the URL to include https rather than plain htttp to solve a 405 problem. I began to do that, but didn’t save it as I wasn’t sure it was something I should do. As I hadn’t saved it, I assumed it would remain as htpp. I imagine that’s the cause of the new problem as I can’t access it with http any more. So now i have an even bigger problem.

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch.
In this case, could you kindly provide us with temporary admin access to your WordPress Dashboard so that we can have a closer look into this.

You may create a new administrator user within your WordPress Dashboard using your email address. You may then copy the login credentials to us in your reply.

I look forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Support.

I can’t access the dashboard or anything else. My e-mail is [email protected] if that helps. I’m trusting that you’re a good person. :slight_smile:

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch.
In this case, I do not suppose only an email would be of help. However, I do not suppose you should have changed the URL to HTTPS if your WordPress URL was not HTTPS as this would result into such an issue. COuld you please have this change reverted. You may consult your host to have this fixed for you. Unless you have an SSL certificate installed within your site, is when you should have the site link have a HTTPS URL.

Please keep us posted on this.
Best Regards,
Support.

I’ve got that part fixed now. Still have the “older posts” problem on that one category, though.

Hello

Try to refresh your permalinks,

No, didn’t do anything.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Great, nice work fixing that but I have to ask, was the older post button working before and do you have all your plugins and the theme updated?

Best Regards,
Support

It works in the other categories and as far as I know it used to work in this one, too. Also as far as I know, I’ve updated all plugins as WordPress notifies about updates. I simply can’t figue out why this one doesn’t work.

Good evening

Actually, this is not 404 page error, what i see is: "www.smallbones.ca redirected you too many times.
" and is not theme related, please check this link:

also, what about t change category slug? just for purpose, please alter it little bit, add or remove something

You must be using Chrome. I get the same one on Chrome, but on Firefox it’s the other message. I’ve cleared all caches in every browser a number of times, but it doesn’t help.

However, I think you found the answer!!! Changing the category slug seems to have worked! I checked in Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Would you mind checking from your end to be sure?

Thank-you so much for your patience with me. :slight_smile:

Hello there,

Yes, it works for me too.
As a note for the future, please use private reply when you are sending us emails or login credentials, so that only we can see it and not anyone else, just to be safe.

Best Regards,
Support

Okay! I don’t have a clue why that worked, but I’m so glad that it did. Thanks again. I really appreciate your help.

Hello there,

I am glad that we could help.
There may have been an inconsistency with the slug so WordPress could not find the correct tags for the slug.

Please feel free to contact us again with any other issues. I will go ahead and close this thread.

Best Regards,
Support