Oops - I can't access my website

Hello,

While trying to follow the directions on how to remove the “Theme Powered by…” footer, I changed the code the extras.php and now I can’t log in to my website at all :frowning: It just shows internal server error.

I tried going through GoDaddy and clicking on Wordpress, and the screen is still blank.

Please advise on how to fix this.

Hi,

It seems you edited the file wrong, added or deleted some imported markup tags. The only way is that download the theme from wordpress.org and login to your FTP using Filezilla, and then change the extra.php to the default one, it will make the website to back again.

After that,

Go to Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS and add this CSS Snippet in it,

.copyright {
    display: none;
}

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi Laranz,

Thank you for your prompt response.

It worked! Yippee! THANK YOU!!!

Question- Will I still be able to keep my copyright line in the footer after adding your code?

This:
2017. All rights reserved.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

The code provided before will hide that information from the website. It is there but it will not be visible.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello,

This code you provided:

.copyright {
display: none;
}

Gets rid of the entire footer. I do not wish to get rid of the entire footer. I would like to keep my copyright information there: 2017, All right reserved.

Please instruct me on how to do this.

You can use below custom CSS code along with above shared CSS code to achieve that

#colophon .row:after {
    content: "2017, All right reserved.";
    display: inline-block;
}

Thank you Laranz!

That worked! :slight_smile:

Another question,

I am trying to make the posts page look like your Activello demo. I unchecked the “Show post excerpts” box as was indicated in one forum. That didn’t do anything.

My posts page is separate from my home page.

Also, how can I fix the sizes of the images in my slider? It’s cutting off the picture edges.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for each of your other questions here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.