Page Content Not Centre Aligned

Hi there,

I’ve been having this issue since the theme was updated a few months ago.

Before the update, I could control the width of the page content using Pages → Page Attributes → Templates. I set up most of my pages so that they didn’t take up the full width of the page – they had a little bit of white space on either side (except the home page and the blog which were full-width and sidebar right, respectively).

Since the update, the pages no longer seem to follow these settings. I have tried playing around with with Pages -> Page Attributes -> Templates, but none of them seem to make any difference, whereas when i first built this website, this was how I controlled it. I also remember there being a spot in the theme to set this default page setup, but I can’t seem to find it now.

Some of my pages are now showing as full-width (when I don’t want them to). Some are showing with some white space on either side, but for some reason the content is not centred on the page, but rather the white space on the right side is bigger. In both cases, the pages are using the ‘default template’ option.

Below are examples of pages that fall in each category:

1. Full Width (but want some white space on either side):
    Services - Holly Burton - Coaching for Women in Male-Dominated Industries

2. Too much white space on the right side:
    Contact - Holly Burton - Coach for Women in Male-Dominated Industries
    Leadership Coach Client Reviews - Women in Male-Dominated Industries
    About - Holly Burton - Coach for Women in Male-Dominated Industries
    FAQ - Holly Burton - Coach for Women in Male-Dominated Industries
    Book Time - Holly Burton - Coach for Women in Male-Dominated Industries

I would really love some help understanding how to fix this alignment issue so that I can make all of these pages have centred content with small (and equal) amounts of white space on both the right and the left.

Thank you!

Holly

Hello support!

I noticed that you guys haven’t had a chance to respond to this issue yet. Do you need any further info/clarification from me? Would love to get this resolved on my site soon :slight_smile:

Holly

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

Kindly add and save the following code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

.panel-grid .siteorigin-panels-stretch {
    margin-left: 0px!Important;
    margin-right: -400px!Important;
}

#primary {
    width: 100%!important;
}

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

1 Like

Hi Support,

I tried this on my site just now and it doesn’t really solve the problem. I have got two issues on my pages, and this only fixes one of them and makes the other one worse.

Most of my pages have too much white space on the right side. This fix works for those pages well and they seem centred. Looking at the code, it seems as if you’ve just hard-coded in a negative margin on the one side, which negates the issue.

However, I have one page that is stretched to full width (Services - Holly Burton - Coaching for Women in Male-Dominated Industries). This solution doesn’t work, because it causes my page to end 400 pixels after the right side edge of my screen. Whoops! haha

It seems like the theme is incorrectly thinking that the ‘default page’ setting is ‘right margin’, although I’m not sure why (nor why my /services/ page doesn’t obey that when it’s set as ‘default too’).

Can you offer another fix?

Holly

Bonjour,

Même problème et résolu avec le CSS

Merci pour ta résolution

Excellente journée

Thanks for sharing your experience

Case closed