Parallax full background image not loading

Hi I have the parallax widget on my homepage. And when the background image is selected to full. The widget doesn’t load properly. Normally takes a refresh for it to show up. And on firefox it doesn’t show up at all.

I have read some other threads, that you claim it’s a plugin conflict or cache, but when I disable all my plugin, the entire website homepage just disappears. I don’t think the parallax widget with full background image has ever loaded smoothly, it’s very glitchy, and sometimes the image creeps up to overlap with the parallax widget above it.

How can I make it smoother? And have it load properly. Otherwise it seems like a pointless function on the theme.

Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out.
In this case, could you please provide us with a link to the site where the issue is present.
I look forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Support.

www.jennywu.info

It is the last parallax widget just above the footer that I’m having this issue with. And it is an image set to full background in the parallax widget.

Hi there,
Thanks for writing back.
In this case, could you perhaps try out the following CSS code:

.home .parallax-window {
background: url(http://jennywu.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/A005_C001_01193N.0000632.jpg);
background-size: cover;
background-position: 50% 30%;
background-attachment: fixed;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

I hope this helps.
Best regards,
Support.

Thank you I will run a check on other browsers and other computers to see if it’s working.

Hi there, it seems that the CSS might have made it smoother on computer browsers but it totally screwed up on the mobile versions.

I’ve attached images of what it should look like and what it looks like now.

can you help me fix that?

hello Jenny

Parallax image is visible for me even without css code, everything looks normal for me and if you have a problem with this section i think its plugin conflict, make sure you cleared cache and deactivated all your plugins,
even in firefox it shows good for me

Hi I’m not sure if your read my question properly. I have photos showing what is wrong on mobile version post CSS code. And that is second image I attached. It doesn’t show my picture properly anymore.

Before the CSS code, the image doesn’t even show up on browsers, unless you refresh the browser. I have disabled all my plugins and cleared cached, the website just disappeared and nothing was solved. Now obviously there is an issue inherent in the parallax background image not working at full because there is so many forums about it, I wish you guys actually address it instead of just dismissing it.

I am happy that the CSS code has made it smoother and allows the image to come up on computer browsers. But it has caused a problem with mobile browsing version, whether it is on the phone or iPad. Are you able to help me fix that? I’ve reattached the problem as an image.

hi

Well, ok :slight_smile:

try this css:

@media (max-width: 768px){
.home .parallax-window {
background-size: contain;
}
}

Still didn’t fix the mobile browsing version.

Thanks but I’ve given up on using the parallax function.

:frowning: Let us know if you need anything else