Parallax sections not loading properly when moving between pages

Reposting - hoping for a response:

I’ve discovered an issue on my website and I can’t seem to think of or find the cause of it.
The issue is:
When my website loads the front page loads properly and fully. If I then go into a portfolio and back out of it, click home or the website title then the page loads properly. However, if I click one of the location links e.g. contact or art education and workshops then the parallax sections for the website do not load properly. The embedded links show but the background images and text do not. The issue then corrects itself by clicking home or the title banner. Is this perhaps to do with the way I’ve set up the links or something else?

website is matthew-hodge.com

The issue occurs when I go to a link on my page like:

https://matthew-hodge.com/portfolio/painting/

And then use the menu to navigate to, for example:

https://matthew-hodge.com/#shapely_home_parallax-17

Is it to do with the way the page is loading when I go to the anchor directly? Do I need to to force the whole page to load? How do I do that?

I’ sure I saw others having this or similar problems have they been fixed?

As an aside is there a way to change the name of the anchors – not totally necessary but would be kind of nice.

I’ve made sure everything is updated, cleared the cache, tried super cache and turned off all plugins one by one to test to no luck. Please help - whilst I plan on adding more off front page content I want the site to primarily focus on that front page, as the theme should enable. I see from the forums others are also experiencing a similar issue.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

The only way to rename the anchor links is to edit the code in the theme and change the name in all the files that they are used in manually.

When you said you cleared the cache did you clear the WordPress cache?

Best Regards,
Support

That’s fine about renaming anchors - not that bothered.

Yes, I cleared the website / wordpress cache.

The issue to me, I may be wrong, seems to be how the website directs back to the front page and to an anchor. If I direct it back to the top of the front page everything loads correctly.

Hello there,

That does seem to be the case because it only happens when an anchor link is used and it prioritizes the anchor content.

Could you please check to see what version of PHP you are using on your server?

Please use this plugin to check it:

Best Regards,
Support

Sorry it’s taken so long to get back to you…

My web host has it down as PHP ver. 7.1, using the suggested plugin it says 7.1.13.

My web host currently recommends 7.1, do I need to upgrade or roll back?

Hey there

I think, i have a solution for you, please check one of my colleague answers here in this ticket:
https://colorlibsupport.com/t/blank-page-navigate-to-section-from-blog-page/page/2/#post-144947
And let me know if it worked

Amazing! Finally got around to sorting - life has got in the way.

This works perfect!
Thanks!

Hi @matthodge,

Glad we helped. :slight_smile:

Let us know If you have any other questions. Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

If you’re happy with our service, don’t forget to rate us: [Shapely] Reviews | WordPress.org

Thanks,
laranz.