Parallax widget doesn't show photographs

Hi,

I have a website with your Shapely theme. All of the sudden the photographs on some parallax widgets won’t show anymore? It’s the widget where I chose the photograph as a background. I haven’t installed new plugins, so I don’t get why this is happening all of the sudden…

My website is : www.tututchic.be

Hey there,
I hope you’re doing well today

This is strange, I am however seeing some javascript errors, maybe a plugin that was already installed and activated could have been updated causing an error.
I’m going to ask you to try disabling any third party plugins, if this resolves the issue, activate one by one to see what the root cause was. Let me know otherwise.

Best Regards,
Support

Hey,

Thank you for your help. You are right, the images reappear when I disable the Elementor app. I emailed them about this, their suggestion was to ‘try to switch your theme (temporarily) to a default WP theme such as Twenty Sixteen’. But I don’t want to do that and I don’t really see how that would help… Can you suggest another option? Or do I ask for further assistance with the people of Elementor?

Thanks

Hi,

Make sure the theme and the plugins are up-to-date, if you’re using any cache plugins, try to turn off the “Minify” option for CSS and JS, and also the website you’re sharing isn’t working http://www.tututchic.be/ can you double check the URL, so that I can check what’s the issue.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.,

Hi,

I tried everything you suggested but nothing is working. I also recontacted the people of the Elementor plugin. They checked everything and said the following:

‘It very much seems like there is a conflict between Elementor and some of your theme Elements.
The most I can offer as a solution would be for you to change the theme or notify the developer of the theme of the conflict and hopefully, they can direct you on possible a work around.’

The only images that disappear are with the parallax widgets with fullwidth images, the other ones with images on the left, right or with text below are fine.

http://tutuchic.be is the right URL btw

Hi,

Can you pass us your website login, so that we can debug the issue. Please pass the login credentials using a Private reply, by check “Set as private reply” below.

So using Elementor plugin cause the parallax full width image not shown right?

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

name: tutuchiccaroline
email: [email protected]
ww: Tutu123

Yes, the weird thing is I didn’t even use Elementor on the frontpage… To clarify: Using Elementor cause an error with the ‘Shapely FrontPage Parallax Section’ widget on the frontpage with image position ‘Background small’ or ‘Background full’

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

What exactly is the issue, I see the parallax image just fine in your website. can you give us steps to recreate the issue, so that we can fix that.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Yes,

I’ve deactivated the Elementor plugin, because I don’t want to lose customers because of this error… That’s probably why, do you want me to activate it?

Hi,

It gives this error in the console, “Argument 1 of Window.getComputedStyle is not an object.” can you contact the Elementor plugin author about this?

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi,

I did that already and he told me to contact you about it…

Hi,

Exactly what is their message, can you give us that message, so that we can find any hints about the issue.

This is the error showing:

TypeError: Argument 1 of Window.getComputedStyle is not an object. http://tutuchic.be/wp-content/plugins/elementor/assets/js/frontend.min.js?ver=1.7.1

So maybe they have a clue about the issue, 'caz the issue is coming from their plugin file.

In the meantime, disable all the other plugins except Elementor and see that fixes anything?

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

In a post before i posted their reply.

‘It very much seems like there is a conflict between Elementor and some of your theme Elements.
The most I can offer as a solution would be for you to change the theme or notify the developer of the theme of the conflict and hopefully, they can direct you on possible a work around.’

I also tried to disable all plugins but Elementor but the problem remains the same.

Hi,

I forward this issue to our development team: https://github.com/puikinsh/shapely/issues/223

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hello Laranz and Carolines,

I am having this same issue on my website.

When I disable the Elementor plugin, it works fine. The issue is that I need the Elementor plugin on my website for other pages.

Please help!

Thanks

Hey there

kingly17 sorry for the delay, this problem is already reported and we are waiting for fix here on this link:

as i can see you know about this problem already, we have to wait when developer access this task and fix it :frowning:

What about to not wait for this solution and try something else?
im new to this community but have you tried beaver builder?

Thanks Keymaster for your response.

Kingly let me know if i can do anything else for you
i understand you this task took too much time :frowning: