Password protected page not working

Hi there,

I am trying to password-protect some of my pages but when I try the function on an example page:
http://www.netzarroyo.org/lab-members-contact-information/
Pass: hola
clicking submit just won’t do anything.
I have tried deactivating all of my plugins but the problem did not get fixed. So I am guessing this could be related to the theme?

Coul you help me solve this issue?
Thanks!

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
Please activate one of default wordpress theme and check again, let me know results
Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Dear Noda,

Thank you for your fast reply. I have activated twenty seventeen and the password protected page does work as expected. So, something to do with Activello?

Thank you for your help on this issue.

Hi,

I tried in my local installation all works just fine, you sure you’re on the latest version of the theme and the plugins? If still you didn’t figure out, can you pass us the WP Login details in a “Private reply” we will check what is going wrong.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi laranz,

Thank you for your help.

My url: netzarroyo.org
My user: admin
My password: (FK(PjOz1Py$S$RNmmCJdQK@

I look forward to hearing back from you,

Hi there

Please deactivate all third party plugins and try again your problem, most probably this I conflict with third-party plugins.
Once you deactivate all plugins please check your problem again, if the problem is gone then this means it was a plugin conflict. Now, start activating plugins one by one and same time repeat your problem until your problem appears again, now you know which plugin was in conflict Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Dear Noda,

I just deactivated all of my plugins, tried the password protected page again, and it didn’t work. It only works if I switch to a different theme (even with plugins on), which suggests to me that there is an issue with my theme.

Thank you for your help so far.

Good evening

This is very strange, when i try this on the fresh theme an fresh WordPress i cant replicate the problem,
do you have any modifications done in the theme?

Hi Noda,

Not really, I am using the Colorlib child theme where I have modified the footer only. I have the following CSS customizations:

.site-navigation-inner .nav-search {
display: none;
}

.page .entry-title {
}

.wp-caption,
.thumbnail {
border: none;
}

.container .page {
margin-top: -60px;
}

div#logo {
left: auto;
}

#page #logo {
padding: 0;
}

#masthead #line {

}

#colophon .copyright {
display:none

}

#colophon {
font-family: ‘Lora’, serif;
font-size : 15px;
color : #525252;
}

body {
color: #000000;
background-color: #FFFFFF;
word-wrap: break-word;
font-family: ‘Lora’, serif;
line-height: 2;
font-size: 16px;
}

div.wpcf7 {
background-color: #FFFFFF;
border: 1px solid #EAEAEA;
padding: 20px;
}
.wpcf7 input[type=“text”],
.wpcf7 input[type=“email”],
.wpcf7 textarea {
background:#FFFFFF;
color:#000000;
font-family:Arial, sans-serif;
font-weight:normal;
font-size: 14px;
width: 200%;
}
.wpcf7 input[type=“submit”],
.wpcf7 input[type=“button”] {
background-color:#FFFFFF;
border: 1px solid #EAEAEA;
text-align:center;
text-transform:uppercase;
font-family:Lora, sans-serif;
font-weight:bold;
}
.wpcf7 input[type=“file”] {
text-align:center;
font-family:Lora, sans-serif;
font-weight:normal;
font-size: 14px;
}

But I don’t think they should interfere with the password-protected page configuration. And that’s pretty much it.

Hi,

Is the directory where Wordpress is installed is different from the Site Address URL? You can see that in Settings -> General.

Did you try any .htaccess changes?

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi Laranz,

Thank you for your reply. I have checked my settings/general and the two URLs are the same. I have not tried any changes to .htaccess.

Guys,

Thank you for all your help, I am giving up. The password protection is not absolutely necessary for me, it clearly isn’t a simple problem, and I don’t want to waste more time on this issue. I will simply not use the functionality.

Thank you for all of your kind suggestions.

Hi there

the thing is that we cant replicate same problem on our sides, my other colleagues tried this as well and the problem was not replicated :slight_smile: this is indeed indicated but if this thing is not so important for you lets give up it here, if same problem will appear for other customers then we can debug it till the end :slight_smile:

Zimou check this link on how to protect page with password:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Password_Protection