Php 8.0 not compatible with Activello?

Hello,

I tried to update php version to 8.0 but it went wrong. (I previously had updated plugins and to theme update seemed to be available)

Here is the error code :
WordPress version 6.1.1
Thème actif : Activello Child (version )
Extension actuelle : (version )
PHP version 8.0.19

Détails de l’erreur

Une erreur de type E_ERROR a été causée dans la ligne 10 du fichier /home/lamarinirq/www/wp-content/themes/activello/functions.php. Message d’erreur : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function create_function() in /home/lamarinirq/www/wp-content/themes/activello/functions.php:10
Stack trace:
#0 /home/lamarinirq/www/wp-settings.php(585): include()
#1 /home/lamarinirq/www/wp-config.php(79): require_once(‘/home/lamarinir…’)
#2 /home/lamarinirq/www/wp-load.php(50): require_once(‘/home/lamarinir…’)
#3 /home/lamarinirq/www/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php(22): require_once(‘/home/lamarinir…’)
#4 {main}
thrown

I updated back to 7.0. What is the latest php version compatible with activello ? Should 8.0 be ok ?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Céline

Hi Céline

I would recommend keeping your PHP version under 8.0 version since yet the theme is not ready for that version

Regards

Thank you for your help. Could you please tell me what is the latest php version compatible with activello ? I cannot keep 7.0 since it is not safe anymore and will soon be removed from wordpress support.

Thanks a lot,
Céline

Hi Céline

You can use it on PHP version 7.3 or 7.4 version

Regards

Hello, Thank you very much for your help ! :slight_smile: it works fine with 7.4 !
Is there an update expected to make the theme ready for 8.0 or there won’t be updates anymore ?
Thank you very much !

Hi @celinemariniere

Sorr, but not yet, update will be provided for sure but yet under development.

Regards