PHP 8.1 migration error

Hi
I have been using the ILLDY theme for years under debian 9 and PHP 7.3.
I reinstalled the site under debian bullseye and php8.1, but the illdy theme no longer works. I have the following error message

Fatal error : Uncaught TypeError: ftp_fget(): Argument #1 ($ftp) must be of type FTP\Connection, null given in /var/www/jmge.eu/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-ftpext.php:146 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/jmge.eu/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-ftpext.php(146): ftp_fget() #1 /var/www/jmge.eu/wp-content/themes/illdy/inc/libraries/epsilon-framework/classes/output/class-epsilon-color-scheme.php(296): WP_Filesystem_FTPext->get_contents() #2 /var/www/jmge.eu/wp-content/themes/illdy/inc/class-illdy.php(115): Epsilon_Color_Scheme::load_css_overrides() #3 /var/www/jmge.eu/wp-content/themes/illdy/inc/class-illdy.php(70): Illdy->init_color_scheme() #4 /var/www/jmge.eu/wp-content/themes/illdy/inc/class-illdy.php(60): Illdy->init_epsilon() #5 /var/www/jmge.eu/wp-content/themes/illdy/inc/class-illdy.php(193): Illdy->__construct() #6 /var/www/jmge.eu/wp-content/themes/illdy/functions.php(468): require(‘…’) #7 /var/www/jmge.eu/wp-settings.php(566): include(‘…’) #8 /var/www/jmge.eu/wp-config.php(105): require_once(‘…’) #9 /var/www/jmge.eu/wp-load.php(50): require_once(‘…’) #10 /var/www/jmge.eu/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once(‘…’) #11 /var/www/jmge.eu/index.php(17): require(‘…’) #12 {main} thrown in /var/www/jmge.eu/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-ftpext.php on line 146

Can you help me? and tell me which version of PHP I should use?

Thanks

Hi there

Php 8 or above is not yet supported, so, you need to use lower versions of PHP

Regards

Thanks for the information, I will install PHP 7.4.

Is the theme at the end of its life? or will the update be done soon?

thanks for the help

Hi there

No, we expect the update, but I cant say when it will be released.

Regrads

Hello

I will wait

Thank you for your reply

Thank you for understanding and have a good day

Regards

Hy
I allow myself to come back to you on this subject. I have plugins that currently require PHP8. Will the theme be updated, or should I look for another theme?

Thank you for your response

Hi there

I hope this email finds you well.

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the theme not being fully compatible with version 8.1.

Please be assured that our team is working diligently to update the theme to ensure full compatibility with version 8.1. We are committed to providing you with the best possible experience, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work towards this goal.

Regards

Good morning
What is the most recent version of PHP that is compatible with the theme?
Sincerely

Hello

PHP 7.6 should work fine with the latest theme version, could you please use it? Apologies for the inconvenience, we aim to resolve this issue soon.

Regards,