Poor image quality - Blog section homepage

Hi everyone guys Antonio here,
I am struggling to understand why the quality of the thumbs for the blog’s articles on the home page it’s awful.
I think it’s an automatic optimisation of some sort but I have no idea how to fix this.
When I click on each article, the images are perfectly fine actually even too big to be honest but in a great.

I have attached an image to show you how bad is the resolution on the home page…
Anyone out there able to help?

Much appreciated
Thank you,
Antonio

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Image quality can be caused by many different reasons but you can try using the following plugin to regenerate your images:

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you for the reply, I have tried the plugin with no effect on the images, exactly the same :frowning:
Any other idea? It’s happening only on the homepage all the rest of the images are fine??!!

Thanks
Antonio

Hi again, a friend developer fixed the problem and it was in the actual theme code:

ORIGINAL CODE:
add_image_size( 'illdy-front-page-latest-news', 250, 213, true );

UPDATED CODE
add_image_size( 'illdy-front-page-latest-news', 360, 213, true );

with the original code, WP was cutting the image smaller than the container…that’s why was losing resolution while with the new code works perfectly.

I hope this helps everyone with the same issue.
Thanks
A.

Hi, there

Ok, nice to hear your problem is fixed and thank you for sharing solution,
Now I will now close the topic and mark it as resolved. Feel free to contact us again Thanks!