Portfolio template for portfolio types

Hello colorlIb team,
I’ve updated my photography website with your theme, because I really like the streamlined design and the options. But I’m currently having trouble in setting up the portfolio.
I’ve created some projects, which are structured by project types. If I set a link to the portfolio (Menu item “Portfolio”) I “obtain” the portfolio template with the grid of pictures. If I set a link to a subset of all portfolios (i.e. insects, menu item “Insekten”) I don’t get this template and the grid view, but the normal standard template.
How can I change this? The link to my site: http://www.naturfotos-digital.de

Any help is highly appreciated!

Cheers,

Bjoern

hey there

Bjoern, first of all great shoots, (no, not great, they are amazing :D)
Can you tell me more about how your projects/portfolios are created? are you using any plugins?

Hi Noda,
I’ve activated the portfolio function from jetpack as described in the documentation and made a view projects. Within these projects I’ve included a foogallery to show the pictures (currently only in one project a gallery with more than one picture is included).
my intension is to sort the portfolios by categories, i.e. the following structure:
Animals->insects and the several portfolio pages with the corresponding galleries. In general this seems to work fine, but I only get for the whole portfolio (just click on the menu entry portfolio) the “grid” view. If I want to see only the category (i.e.) insects I obtain a view, which is “just” the one from the blog posts. But I’d rather like to use the grid view.

A hint how I could do this, is highly appreciated,

Cheers,

Bjoern

Hello,

I hope you are doing well today.

The theme does not have an option to change the portfolio grid in the posts but you can try using one of the following plugins to edit the portfolio post and add the grid:

Best Regards,
Support

Hello,
well. This is not quite the option I was looking for. Still on opening “project types” via a menu entry I obtain a page, which looks like a usual posts page. But cannot edit this page. It’s a automatically generated page. I think I’d need some css or code to tell wp to use the same template as for the portfolio page in the case of portfolio type pages, too.
What are your thoughts?

hey there

Bkl24 I’m so sorry to say but there is no such functionality in jetpack portfolios, i guess you want to have same grid view for inner portfolio category as the main portfolio but this is not possible, you need to implement third-party plugins for this or freelancer who can create custom coding for you