Post Featured Image height fix

I need to make my “featured image” size taller than 410px.
How do i resolve this?

Tried to edit functions.php line 64 to this:
add_image_size( ‘sparkling-featured’, 750, 9999, false );

but still cropping at 410

also tried 750, 750, true
no change.

Hi there,
I hope you are having an awesome day and thanks for contacting us regarding your query.

This can be done with the help of some Custom CSS. Kindly provide me with a link to a page with this so that I may be able to write up some CSS that should work for your setup.

Looking forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support.

top image is featured… it is cropped top and bottom.
Don’t understand why editing the function is not working as expected.
Is it in JS file?

Hi there,

Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

Before doing anything else, I’m going to ask that you install and activate the regen thumbnails plugin:

Regenerate your thumbnails and see if the issue persists, if not, refer to the instructions below.

Kindly add and save the following code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

img.single-featured {
    max-height: 420px!Important;
    width: auto!Important;
}

You may adjust the height value to any height that you wish to have, then use the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin to resize your image based on the code.

Please let me know if there are any more questions that I may answer for you :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support.

Didn’t work as expected.

changed this code in Sparking Functions.php file :
add_image_size( ‘sparkling-featured’, 750, 9999, false); // was 750, 410, true

Deleted image from media library.
Went to post.
Re added image to featured image.

Works!

If you make changes in the theme file then you have to make these changes again after theme updation as changes made in the theme files get lost on theme updation.

Therefore instead of editing theme code, you can achieve this by using custom plugin solution shared in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/how-can-i-stop-resizing-featured-images/

Thank you.
Works very well.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: