Post Titles disappearing

Hello,

I’m using the Activello theme to build an online business.

Since I needed separate pages for certain posts, I remade the nave menu using categories.

After that, it seems that the theme was programmed to display the category name in the header and as a subheader in the post itself.

I manipulated a little bit the PHP code to remove the name of the categories out of the header and the post itself. Everything worked well and fine after the manipulation till the next day where all the post titles disappeared. (It seems that I got fooled by the cache since I forgot to empty it before retesting).

The manipulations that I made were:

Commenting the line: echo get_single_category(get_the_ID()); (in content.php)
Commenting the line: echo get_the_category_list() ; (in header.php)
Commenting the line: single_cat_title(); (in archives.php)

Uncommenting the lines seems not to solve the problem now. I tried manipulating the CSS code but without success (CSS code still the same since I was just testing and retesting any new code I add)

I was thinking about reinstalling the theme, but I wanted to give this a last try because I believe that there is something that I can’t “see” and most likely I touched something by accident but I didn’t notice it.

The web page is located here: www.strongandathletic.com
One of the posts is here: http://strongandathletic.com/2017/01/10/sa-003-olympic-weightlifting-in-canada-and-greece-with-alexandros-kouvakas/

Thank you for your help in advance and sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Dragon

Hi Dragon,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I visited your shared page but didn’t see any category on it as shown in the attached screenshot so could you please tell me a bit more in detail what you are trying to achieve by sharing the screenshot of it so that i can help you?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hello Movin,

Thank you very much for your reply. I managed to fix the problem before receiving the reply hence why it looks right, now in the attachment.

Just few little things:

As the attachment shows, there is that thick horizontal line that shows just above the post. It was the result of removing the blog description and the category header title from the page. How to remove that line?

Also is there any guide where I can remove the footer description so I can print my copyright there?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,

Dragon

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

I visited your site and it seems you have managed to achieve everything.

Please advise if you have more questions by creating a separate topic.