Post & woo commerce page background changes?

I’m working on the site shopdearjewelry.com. My background for the overall site is an image of wood, and it’s hard to read text over the image on content pages. I only have a few pages right now, the About page, the Shop page, and the product subpages. The Shop page and product subpages were made using woocommerce. What I’d like to do, to make it easier to see the written content on all of these pages, is layer a black background behind the text over the wood background. So basically I want to add a big, black square behind the content area of these pages while leaving the overall background of the wood image. Does this make any sense at all? I apologize if it doesn’t; let me know and maybe I can mock something up and attach it to a reply. I’ve tried a few different plugins but no luck. And I am a complete know-nothing, so making up css myself is not an option. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for late response.

You can change background for content area by adding this simple CSS to Appearance >> Theme Options >> Other >> Custom CSS.

#content {
  background: #fff;
  border-radius: 4px;
  padding: 20px 10px;
}

This example uses white background but you can use any color you want just by replacing #fff color code.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

I’m glad I could help! :slight_smile: