Prevent automatic cropping

Hey!

I have a problem with the sizes of images in Activello. If I adjust an image to the recommended slider size (1920 x 550) it indeed displays full width on the main page’s screen. But it then automatically shows a cropped version of the featured image, in the post as well as on the main page where it shows the summary of the post. It changes size again as the post drops down the list of recent posts (screenshot). Also the thumbnail does not show the part of the picture that I would like to, even though I have adjusted the thumbnail image in the thumbnail settings in the media library.

How can I change this?

Thanks,
Marije

Hey there,
I hope you’re doing well today

For the auto crop images try the solution in this DYI video.

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you for sending the tutorial.

It didn’t seem to work for me. Maybe because I have a child theme installed and I was making the changes in the parent theme? I tried copying the parent theme functions.php to the child and make the changes there (so I won’t have to make the changes again when the theme is updated right?) which resulted in an fatal error message and having to contact my host to do a back up restore. Sorry, I am not very good at this…Was I on the right track? What should I have done?

Also, the tutorial does not mention the thumbnails. Is there a way to get the selection tool for thumbnail image to work correctly when editing the image in the media library or is it easier if I just install a plugin for that?

Thanks!

If you don’t want featured images to crop then you can try achieving this by using the custom plugin solution posted in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/define-sizeformat-of-featured-image-on-home-page/#post-59419

Thank you Movin. If I set the image size of the featured image in the plugin to 1920 x 550, like the slider, they indeed show the same part of the image in the slider and on top of the post. However, the featured image on the main page on top of the post excerpt is still cropped (see screenshot). Can I change this somewhere to 1920 x 550 as well?

And should I use a plugin if I myself want to select the part image that is showed in the thumbnail?

However, the featured image on the main page on top of the post excerpt is still cropped (see screenshot). Can I change this somewhere to 1920 x 550 as well?

Your screenshot is not uploaded so please reupload it.

And should I use a plugin if I myself want to select the part image that is showed in the thumbnail?

Yes

Sorry for the late reply…holidays.

I added the screenshot again (the file was too big before).

Will try a plugin for the Thumbnail.

Thanks

Another try…

After using the custom plugin shared here https://colorlibsupport.com/t/define-sizeformat-of-featured-image-on-home-page/#post-59419 please regenerate the thumbnail images by using the following plugin.