Previous Button on Main Page Not Working

Hello,

When I click the Previous button at the bottom of my homepage, it is reloading the home page. Any idea why this is happening?

Thank you!

Hi @travelaround,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

It’s working fine on my site.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Could you please share me your site URL so that i can test it?

Kind Regards,
Movin

The website in rvsoul.com

Same problem here .http://www.cafereminiscence.com/
Previous page (link shows : domain\index.php\page\2 ) when click goes to main page header.
configured Home page and post pages in reading correctly , still.

Hi there,

I visited your shared sites and could confirm the issue but as said it’s working fine on my test site using latest version of Travelify theme.

I saw both of you are using child theme on your sites and not directly the Travelify theme so i doubt whether your child theme contains any conflicting code that is causing this issue.

To confirm it could you please try temporary using latest version of Travelify theme instead of child theme?

If it works fine without using child theme then it’s the child theme issue so please share me your child theme code so that i can review it and troubleshoot it.

Also have you tested for plugin conflict as described in my above previous reply?

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thank you for following up. I found the plugin culprit. It was the Simple Lightbox plugin that was causing the problem. Can you recommend a lightbox plugin that works with the theme?

Thanks again!
Tara

Hi,
Thanks, Updated theme , worked fine with both main n child.
but now i have to redo lot of things like header social , widgets ,some font color , menu alignment to right etc. with update.as they reside in main.
Can i change Text of Previous n Next button to Older , Newer etc.
I am not from IT.

Hi Tara,

Can you recommend a lightbox plugin that works with the theme?

I have not tested it with the theme but you can try using the following popular free WordPress lightbox plugins.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi @bajpairk,

Can i change Text of Previous n Next button to Older , Newer etc.

You can change it by using the attached small plugin.

Best Regards,
Movin

Same problem again, mainly i am working on pictures to do cosmetic changes and re uploading of media , as i migrated from Blogspot , and not doing 301 redirect.
1st Media files not getting uploaded suddenly yesterdayfrom post , also not shoing media files in mesonary list , only shows in lists.
Then i deactivate all plugins , re activate Travelify main .
Now same, Previous button going back to main page , however if i select “latest posts” in “Reading” instead of Home page and blog page for full post reading , it is ok.
For info i am duing child theme from Zip file , did not used child theme converter.

Hi @bajpairk,

I have again tested it on my test site using same latest version of Travelify theme that you are using on your site and the pagination worked fine for me setting both “latest posts” in “Reading” and “Home page”.

Have you tried temporary using Travelify theme instead of child theme to confirm whether its the child theme issue that you are using on your site?

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,
De activated plugins and re activate , working Now.
Feel some bug is there .
Thanks fr colorlib button name plugin , working well.

Hi @bajpairk,

De activated plugins and re activate , working Now.

It seems the plugin conflict issue on your site.

Glad it’s working fine for you now.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Cheers,
Movin

Simple Lightbox plugin is the culprit affecting Previous page function.
Removed.

Hi @bajpairk,

Awesome great to see you got that found.

Cheers,
Movin