Problem with Menu/Header/Nav Bar

Hi everyone,
I am kind of new here and first of all I want you to thank you for this amazing theme. It was exactly what we were looking for!
Regarding my problem, I am not to familiar with the specific terminology, that’s why I used “Menu/Header/Nav Bar”. The problem is that when I click on one item of the menu at the top of the page, this item disappears as long I am on this page. For example, when I click on “FOOD” the word “FOOD” disappears in the Menu. I hope you get what I mean.

Another more specific problem is, that when I click on “TRAVEL” and select a post in the dropdown menu, the word “TRAVEL” turns purple. I have experimented a little bit in the Editor, but maybe I messed something up. You would really help me out if you could fix this.

The URL is www.sarahmar.com

Thank you very much in advance,
sarahmar

Hi Sarahmar,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Regarding my problem, I am not to familiar with the specific terminology, that’s why I used “Menu/Header/Nav Bar”. The problem is that when I click on one item of the menu at the top of the page, this item disappears as long I am on this page. For example, when I click on “FOOD” the word “FOOD” disappears in the Menu. I hope you get what I mean.

This is because the FOOD menu is getting white color so it doesn’t display on white background.

You can change this color from theme option as shown in the attached screenshot.

Another more specific problem is, that when I click on “TRAVEL” and select a post in the dropdown menu, the word “TRAVEL” turns purple. I have experimented a little bit in the Editor, but maybe I messed something up. You would really help me out if you could fix this.

You can change its color by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

.navbar-default .navbar-nav .current-menu-ancestor a.dropdown-toggle {
    color: #1c202a;
}

You can change the color value in the above code to whatever you want to use by referring the following pages.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colorvalues.asp
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_colorpicker.asp

Best Regards,
Movin

Wow thank you, that solved both problems. Thank you so much for the quick response as well.

But now I recognized that the dropdown menu is also purple when I click on an article in the dropdown menu and then hover about the specific item in the menu. I hope you get what I mean, I will attach a screenshot.

Best regards,
sarahmar

You can change its color using the below CSS code.

.dropdown-menu>.active>a:hover,
.dropdown-menu>.active>a{
    background-color: #000;
    color: #FFFFFF;
}

Thanks again, you are really helpful :slight_smile:
This solved the problem, but when I hover on a post in the dropdown-menu it gets black. I tried to solve it like this : .dropdown-menu>.active>a:hover, background-color: #FFFFFF;
but that did not work. Probably because I am just guessing and did not learn html.
If you could help me out here again, I would be more than grateful.

Best regards,
sarahmar

Please remove the following custom CSS code from your site which is causing this issue.

#page .navbar-default .navbar-nav a:hover {
    color: #000;
}

Now it works perfectly! Thank you so much.
Have a great day :slight_smile:

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: