Problem with mobile view of the sparkling theme

First thank you for that great theme. Like already posted on your facebook page, i have a problem with the theme.

When i open the page in mobile view on me and my girlfriends smartphone, the “Older Posts” button does not do anything when clicking it. On windows laptop and iPad browser, everything is fine. The second problem is, that when you click on an article headline or the read more button, you can slide in a blank space on the right side of the site in the article view. On the main page everything is fine. Do you know, how to fix this?

For first problem when item is not clickable there is fairly simple solution. You can fix it by adding this to Child Theme style.css or inside Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS or any Custom CSS plugin if you use any.

@media (max-width: 767px) {
    #secondary {
        clear: both;
    }
}

For second problem I am not really sure. Could you please disable completely all plugins and check if that does anything?

#1 - Excellent, that fixed it :slight_smile:

#2 - I disabled the official facebook plugin, that automatically puts a facebook like button below every article. Then the site had a normal width in mobile view. After reactivating it, the problem appeared again. I looked into the settings of the plugin and “standard — Display social text next to the button” (“Be the first of your friends to like this”) was enabled. I switched it to button_count — Display total number of likes next to the button. Now everything is fine, site has normal width on our mobile devices!

Thank you very very much! It’s a great theme, keep up the good work! :slight_smile:
Looking forward to change the “Search…” after your update, you said that would be released in a few days. I would like to share my german translation when you updated the language file.

Thank you for your kind words! :slight_smile:

Update is already out (1.3) http://wordpress.org/themes/sparkling

You should see update notice in your WordPress dashboard as well, if not click on Dashboard - Updates - Check Again and you should see version 1.3 which has proper language files in it. German language would be awesome as well!