Problems with category posts and sidebars in mobile

I encountered a strange problem when testing my test site (hoyzer.se/wordpress) on mobile.

When on a category page the image links only worked for the first two posts. Nothing happened when clicking the following posts. I tried adjusting the z-index to -1 following advice in this support forum, and that did the trick for the posts. But suddenly my search widget and other stuff that’s positioned in the sidebar (comes below the posts in mobile) didn’t work at all.

Is there any way to make both the post image links and the sidebar work?

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

/*search index*/
@media (max-width: 768px){
  aside#secondary {
      z-index: 1;
  }
  form#searchform {
    position: relative;
    z-index: 99999;
}
}

If this does not fix the issue, kindly remove the CSS you’ve added so we can start over.
Let us know when you’ve done this.

Best regards,
Support.

Thank you, but it didn’t make any difference. I tried to clear all my custom CSS but not even that solved the problem.

Hi,

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile: Looks like checking several things in the backend is necessary, please send me your access credentials along with your website URL and I will investigate this case.
Don’t forget to mark your reply as private!

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hey there

Before Laranz will take a look, just one test :slight_smile: please try this CSS code:

#secondary {
display: inline;
}

:wink:

Yes! That last css-fix did the trick!

Thank you!

Hello there,

I am glad the solution worked for you.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support