Problems with Internet Explorer 8

Hello,

first I want to say thank you for the very nice theme. I use dazzling with a child theme as website and onlineshop. Everything works fine, all problems wich came up, are fixed. But today arrived a bad news… if the client uses IE8 everything gets wors, the navigation seems like on mobile divices and so on. After a look in the code and lots of hours with goolge I see that the theme already comes with

echo ‘<script src="’ . esc_url( get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/inc/js/html5shiv.min.js’ ) . ‘"></script>’. “\n”;
echo ‘<script src="’ . esc_url( get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/inc/js/respond.min.js’ ) . ‘"></script>’. “\n”;

So why does we get the problem? Please, can you help me?

So sorry to tell you too it is a mess in IE8.
With still so many users of XP it a pitty this theme is not usable (yet?).

Two Screenshots

Site with Firefox28

Site with IE8

Both screen shots are full front page capture.

It will be fixed eventually and all IE compatible scripts are already there but it still needs some tweaking.

This is not priority for me because only 0,8% of my website visitors have ever used Internet Explorer 8 or older version to access this website. Even those who still use Windows XP has option to use Firefox, Chrome or any other browser.

Hopefully I will fix IE8 compatibility issues with the next major update (not via bug fix).

Any news on supporting IE8? Is there a simple way to prevent IE8 from switching to the mobile device layout?