Project images not showing

Hi,

I added the widgets, siteorigin image for a gallery of photos but I’m wondering if those are the wrong widgets? I also tried filling out all the fields according to another post, but it didn’t change anything.

Your help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Lisa

Hello Lisa,

Can you please provide any kind of screenshots so I can better understand where and what is the issue?

Once you get to Dashboard > Appearances > Customize, if your homepage is displaying alright, you should just go through every section and add the dedicated [Illdy] - Widgets (services, projects, team, counter, etc)

Let me know if you got this alright.

Regards

H Ion,

Thanks for responding so quickly.
I had followed the Appearances>Customize and added widgets. Everything else works. I had just changed the order of the sections. I’ve included 2 attachments of screenshots.

Let me know if I’m missing anything…

Thanks,
Lisa

Hello Lisa,

Those are not the dedicated theme widgets, please try to add the dedicated Illdy widgets and give it another try.

Regards

Thanks for your help Ion. I changed it to the write Ildly widget and it worked. Now I have another question.
I’m making the projects section like an art gallery. Is it possible to click on the image I uploaded and go to another page that shows me more info on that image? Or are those images I upload just for that homepage?

Also related to that question, in the URL box of that widget, do I type in the homepage or do I type in the page that it would open to when I click the image?

Thanks again,
Lisa

Okay, looks like by clicking on the pic I uploaded in the projects section and entering a URL for the projects widget allows me to go to that page. I was trying it before but for some reason it wasn’t working.

But when I click on the pic and it takes me to that URL (the art gallery page), the pic doesn’t show up. Is there a way to make it show up on that page?

Thanks,
Lisa

Hello Lisa,

You need to create your dedicated page for the picture, they are not related.
In other words, you need to create a new page in Dashboard > Pages > Add new, add your information (the project picture, text, etc) and then get the URL from that new page after you publish it.

Then you go back to the widget and add the according URL to match your photo.

For all the projects pictures you need to create an homologue page that includes that information.

Regards

Hi Ion,

Thanks for your reply. I see what you mean. It doesn’t seem like the best setup for an art gallery…

Is there a way to integrate something that would allow me to see the current and past pictures with info on a separate page? Could lightbox be integrated and work or would you suggest something else for this purpose?

Thanks,
Lisa

Hello Lisa,

From what I understand the current project illdy widgets should work alright for this.
You can add a picture and a page URL and add as many pictures (projects ) as you need. This way you display your gallery and send to the homologue page.

Lightbox instead of this would require quite the custom work, but to some extend there should be plugins to deal with this.

Bests

Thanks for your suggestion. I followed it and it worked out fine!

Thanks,
Lisa

That’s just great news, I’m happy that you find it suitable for your needs. Regards