Projects widgets will not save url I write in

I’ve been trying since yesterday to add an url to the project images I’ve got on my home page, to take them directly to a gallery for that kind of work. I can fill in the Title area, the image url, and the actual URL text box, but when I click save or click away from that text box, the url disappears and illdy tags the image with “no-url”, leaving me with a lovely but useless lightbox of my project photo. I’ve got Jetpack turned on, I’ve allowed Portfolios to be turned on…I even cleared my browser cache and restarted Chrome. I tried doing it from both the Customize overlay menu as well as the generic “Widget” area under Appearance. It’s the same no matter what. I’ve put about 24 hours’ worth of customization time into this theme and do not wish to lose everything by deactivating and reinstalling this theme. Can you help me?

Hello there,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

This is a strange issue. Could you please try clearing your WordPress cache with the following plugin and tr to add a URL to the image once more:

Best Regards,
Support

I am having the same problem with saving a url from a project image from within projects widget. I have cleared WP Cache with WP Super Cache. Please could you help here?

When i add a url to a project image and save it - it disappear. please could you advice?

Hello there,

I have tested the feature on my end and the links are saved. Could you please edit the image and try to save a URL such as “https://www.google.com” and test that to see if the URL is then saved?

Best Regards,
Support

Downloaded super cache, installed it and followed the directions. Successfully tested and deleted cache. Still it’s not working. Can’t even save www.google.com. The url disappears as soon as you click the update/save button.

Hey again,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

Upon further inspection, this bug has been seen and reported previously, so I’d like to think that our developer is working on a solution for that which should be ready in time for the next update, however, just in case you may want to reach out to make a report, you can do that here:

Please let me know if there are any other questions that I may help with. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hello There,
I have updated Illdy Theme to the latest version. i still cant save url for the projects section images. On saving it disappears.
Please could you assist in this matter?
Thank You

Hello There,
On clicking projects images to link to the associated subject without me typing a url for the project image, the link takes me here.

Wow your support is very slow.
When i add a URL from a project image from within the widget sidebar and save it - the url disappears.
Instead below is the link destination no matter what I enter in the URL input text for the project image.
`

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today.

My apologies for the long delay.

As was mentioned previously, the issue is classified as a bug and has been reported to the issues section of the theme’s GitHub. You may check that out here:

So sorry about that.

Best Regards,
Support

Have you been able to resolve the above issue?

I see someone fixed the bug. But how do i fix it in Wordpress. Please help here???/

Please could you advice hoe to rectify this problem I had for weeks now.

O My Word is anyone there?

Hello there,

The fix that was provided to the issue will be added to the theme but would have to be tested and updated before it is added as to ensure that it does not conflict with the other elements in the theme.

Best Regards,
Support

Did you find a selution?

Hi @fransbotha,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

As was mentioned above, The fix that was provided to the issue will be added to the theme but would have to be tested and updated before it is added as to ensure that it does not conflict with the other elements in the theme.

Please bear with our developers while they try to do their best to get this resolved as quickly as they can.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi I’m having the same issue.