Purchased full, but my account doesnt reflect that

Hi,

I purchased access to all templates, and paid with Paypal. I don’t see this reflected in my account anywhere. How do I get in touch with someone about this?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
Matt there will be a no change in your account, you purchased rights to remove credits from the template not product, not account upgrade, nothing to worry here this is normal :slight_smile:
Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Awesome, Thank you!
Matt

You are welcome Matt and let us know if you need anything else :slight_smile:

Hello,
I had a similar issue when I purchased my license. I didn’t even got a confirmation mail. Is there a way to get some kind of proof of purchase other than the Paypal transaction number?

Thanks!

Good evening

You should get an email of purchase confirmation, check it in your spam folder, other than this there is nothing else

Hi Guys,

I bought a single license today and I haven’t received any emails or anything. Please help me to fix it.

I assume there should be a confirmation email as well as some license to download, right?

Regards,
Yaromyr Plashenko

Good morning Yaromyr

Please check your spam folder, for sure you will receive a receipt from the PayPal if you did not get anything from us, i the PayPal you can also find your purchase confirmation, there is no other steps required after purchase