Read more button link in latest news section

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if there is any possibility to customise the link of the read more button in the latest news section on the front page. Rather than link it to a post, I would like to have it connected to a page that I personally created in my website.

Thank you in advance and for the great support you provide.

Nicola

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

That would require the coding structure to be changed because the theme does not have that option built in so a developer would have to add the feature with entirely new code.

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks for the response,

I found out I way to achieve what I wanted thanks to the reply given by @first1.
Edit your front-page-latest-news.php, all that has to be changed in the code is the following:

the line:
post_type’ => array( ‘post’ )

Change it to:
post_type’ => array( ‘post’, ‘page’ )

by editing the date of when the page is published you arrange the order in which they are displayed in the latest news section.

regards,

Nicola

Hello there,

I am glad that you found a solution.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support

huuu iam thread not respon OMG. :frowning:

Hello @babyblogger0,

I am not sure what you mean with your last response.
The issue was resolved by the original poster.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello, can you help me!

I don’t know why there isn’t the input to add URL to ‘Read more’ button of latest news section.

Hi there

@nexttrick link of this button is yourwebsiteurl.com/blog, in other words, its pointed to your blog page :slight_smile:

Colorlib Support Team

Thank you for your answer,

What I need is set another link (url), As you can see my attached pic, there isn’t the input field to do that.

Hi there

Yes, i understand, but unfortunately this is not possible, button is already coded to your blog page, its not supposed to be linkable from options panel