Read More tab not working for Dazzling WordPress theme

Aigars,

Before I say anything about the topic, I would like to point out that I have a lot of trouble posting a new topic in this forum, I posted this yesterday, it said it had posted, but I don’t see it ??? It is not the first time it has happened.

Now onto my problem, I have been back through the posts on this subject and found something you proposed to fix it in the Sparkling theme, I did everything you suggested replacing Dazzling where it had Sparkling, but I can’t seem to get it to work.

Also I do believe the fix was for posts, I want to use it on Pages not Posts as I use posts only to make the Home page slider work and there is only the bare minimum of text in them.

I had a look through content.php and to me, a complete php novice, it would appear there is nothing in there to call the Read More function.

Could you please tell me exactly what I need to add and where to add it to make it work.

I tried adding the code from a standard wordpress theme but that didn’t work.

Kindest Regards
Bam Bam

@bambam

1. Your message were marked as spam by Akismet which means that either you IP or email is flagged with this service which means that you no longer can add URLs inside your posts and comments.

2. Unfortunately, I have no idea what you are talking about. There is no read more button for pages and there can’t be any because they don’t appear as posts anywhere in the website like you can see on blog.

Read more button is generated by WordPress core and theme just styles it differently.

Please let me know more details and will try to help you from there.

Aigars,

Not sure why it would have flagged me as spam, I had a new internet service installed on the week-end and have been having a few issues with it over a range of things, I will have to look into it further.

I will over come the red more issue with a plugin, that solves that.

Thanks again.
Bam Bam