Redirect homepage to latest post URL & post-by-post navigation

I have a photo blog with a static homepage, and a post-by-post navigation: I want to have 1 single post all the time with previous/next navigation style buttons.

1. How can I set the homepage of my blog to redirect to the URL of my latest 1 post that has the full content displayed, including the featured image? (like in the image shown)

2. From this screen, how can I modify the navlinks so that they display previous/next, instead of the actual name of the posts?

Thanks!

Hi! Bumping this up. Can anyone help? At least tell me if it’s possible or not.

Hi @lostre,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. How can I set the homepage of my blog to redirect to the URL of my latest 1 post that has the full content displayed, including the featured image? (like in the image shown)
2. From this screen, how can I modify the navlinks so that they display previous/next, instead of the actual name of the posts?

You can try achieving this by using the attached child theme of Activello theme that contains some custom code.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thank you so much for your help! I’ve been planning on revamping my website for months, but now I think that I’ve finally found a simple, to-the-point theme that I need! Kudos!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: