Remove Blog Post Entry Details in Blog page

Hi @Movin,

I need your help again. Similar to this post (https://colorlibsupport.com/t/blog-posts/), I’d like to remove the blog post entry details like author and category in the blog post listings page. I tried the code you suggested but it doesn’t work for me. I’m accessing the blog with a /category/blog so I’m not sure if this is affecting it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

also slightly related, how do I change the portfolio title page (the one displaying in the browser) and blog.
right now it is displayed as Projects Archive and Blog Archive, and I would like to change it. Thanks!

Hi @haven787,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

I tried the code you suggested but it doesn’t work for me. I’m accessing the blog with a /category/blog so I’m not sure if this is affecting it.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is not working so that i can troubleshoot it?

also slightly related, how do I change the portfolio title page (the one displaying in the browser) and blog. right now it is displayed as Projects Archive and Blog Archive, and I would like to change it. Thanks!

You can change it by developing custom solution as developed in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/change-title-shop-page/

Best Regards,
Movin

here is the url: jacqsfloral.com/category/blog/

thanks i will try the plugin.

Thank you for sharing the page URL.

You can try removing author and category on that page by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Shapely Options -> Other

body.category-blog .post-meta li:first-child, body.category-blog .post-meta li:last-child {
    display: none;
}

hi @movin, i tried the code but it doesn’t work.

I visited your shared site but don’t see the provided code on it.

Where have you added the provided code on your site?

If you are using any cache on your site then try clearing it.

thanks movin. i cleared cache and it works!

for the changing of title, i already uploaded and activated the plugin you referenced. here is the code i used and i was hoping the blog link I previously provided would show “Blog” instead of “Blog Archives” but it is not working. Can you please check? thanks.
function custom_get_the_archive_title( $title ){
if(is_post_type_archive(‘blog’)){
$title = ‘Blog’;
}
return $title;
}
add_filter( ‘get_the_archive_title’, ‘custom_get_the_archive_title’ );

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Please try using the below code instead.

function custom_get_the_archive_title( $title ){
    if(is_category('Blog')){
        $title = 'Blog';
    }
    return $title;
}
add_filter( 'get_the_archive_title', 'custom_get_the_archive_title' );

i tried the code but it still doesn’t seem to work…

I visited the shared blog page jacqsfloral.com/category/blog/ and it seems this is working as shown in the attached screenshot.

hi movin, sorry for the delayed reply. for some reason the email notification went to my spam folder. Anyway, I’m actually looking to change the title displayed in the browser tab. Please see screenshot.

I’m actually looking to change the title displayed in the browser tab. Please see screenshot.

It’s actually displayed by Yoast SEO plugin so you can remove it by removing Archives word from “Title template:” field of Categories as shown in the attached screenshot.

oh okay! it worked, thanks movin!