Remove categories from post page only?

Hello! I’m wanting to remove the category titles from the top of each post page. I don’t mind the categories being listed above the post on the main/home page – I just want to remove the category name that sits on the page itself.

I’ve tried the following code from a previous thread (https://colorlibsupport.com/t/menu-custom-css/) and it’s not working for me:

.archive.category-blog header.page-header,
.archive.category-writing header.page-header {
display: none;
}

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated!

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

I’m on your site and I’m looking at some posts now and I’m not seeing the category label (see screenshot).
If you’re still seeing it on your end, I’m going to ask that you clear your browser cache and check again.
Just in case I’m looking at the wrong thing, please provide me with a screenshot so that I can provide you with the correct code.

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hah, you’re right - that’s what I get for doing too much late at night. Because I dislike the category title being on the post page so much, I went ahead and added code from another thread that removed the category title from everything. However, I’d ideally like to keep the category titles on the home page, but remove them from the landing page. Does that make sense?

Could you please share me landing page and home page URL from your site so that i can help you to achieve it?

Uncertain how this helps, but I just removed the code that hid the category titles across the site. Try looking at www.tworestlesshomebodies.com and any post page you want :slight_smile:

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

In regards to the landing page, are you referring to the post category page?
I’ve provided some code below that you can use to hide the CSS on certain pages only, so the first one hides the CSS on the post page itself, and the one after that works for all archives. You said you’d like to keep the categories on your homepage, so none of the code here does that. If there are any other pages that you want to hide it from, just let me know so that I can add the relevant code:

Just add and save the following code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

.archive .cat-item {
    display: none!Important;
}

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you for getting back with me! I implemented the code you suggested in the Additional CSS area and, as you can see (if you check out a post page like this one), I’ve still got the category title at the top of the post. So, I’d like the category title listed on the home page/main page of the website, but NOT on the archive page OR on the posts, themselves. Does that make sense?

Thanks again!

You can remove it from single post page by using the below custom CSS code.

.single-post .cat-title {
    display: none;
}