Remove "home" from breadcrumbs in home page in yoast plugin

Hello! thank you very much for the sparkling theme:)

My url is nantablog.com

I have 2 questions

1. I want the “category name” to be hidden from home page, category page and post pages basically from entire site, I am using breadcrumbs from yoast plugin and it does that same job!

2. I have set the “home” button as “mobiles” in breadcrumb, now everything is fine except the fact that when I visit the HOME page of my site, the “Mobiles” is still visible but of course not clickable. I want to remove it from home page all together!

Thank you so much in advance.
Regards

Hi Amit Dua,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1) I want the “category name” to be hidden from home page, category page and post pages basically from entire site, I am using breadcrumbs from yoast plugin and it does that same job!

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of the latest version of Sparkling theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Sparkling Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

.post-inner-content span.cat-links {
    display: none;
}
2) I have set the “home” button as “mobiles” in breadcrumb, now everything is fine except the fact that when I visit the HOME page of my site, the “Mobiles” is still visible but of course not clickable. I want to remove it from home page all together!

Use the below custom CSS code to achieve this as described above.

body.home #breadcrumbs {
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you for the quick response.

Sorry but the above mentioned code did not work

FYI, I have already added a code to remove “posted on” to “last updated on”
and the code I used is

.entry-meta .posted-on a:before { content: "Last Updated on "; } .entry-meta time.entry-date.published { display: none; } .entry-meta time.updated { display: inline-block; }

Both the code did not work :frowning:

The shared CSS code is working fine on my test site.

Could you please share me your site URL where it is not working so that i can troubleshoot it?

nantablog.com

Where have you added the provided CSS code on your site as i don’t see it on your shared site.

This can be due to the W3 Total Cache plugin you are using on your site so please try clearing the cache from it or temporary disabling it.

still no progress

my site is mobilefoji.com

the other site was a testing site!

the “home” has been removed but the"category" remains

thanks

I don’t see any category on your shared site as shown in the attached screenshot so it seems the code is working fine.

Please advise.

Hi

you are correct that category does not show up in a single post but when you visit any category, say “best” category the “Category :Best” still showing up!

Also, how will I display the category name in each single post next to auther name and date?

Thanks so much
Amit

you are correct that category does not show up in a single post but when you visit any category, say “best” category the “Category :Best” still showing up!

Use the below CSS code to remove it from the category page.

body.archive.category header.page-header {
}
Also, how will I display the category name in each single post next to auther name and date?

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for your other questions here Sparkling - Colorlib Support Forum instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Worked like a charm.
you’r a life saver:)
Cheers

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: