Right sidebar on frontpage

Hello

With dazzling 1.5, I had no sidebar on my (static) frontpage, and a right sidebar for all other pages

I have tested dazzing 2.0 but I now have the right side bar on my front page too, and I don’t want that…

Is it new normal bahavior of the theme and how may I suppress the sidebar from my frontpage using dazzling 2.0 ?

Regards, Etienne

Hi Etienne,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Yes it’s a normal behavior of the theme as displayed on this theme demo https://colorlib.com/dazzling/

You can try hiding the sidebar from your site front page by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Dazzling Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

body.home #primary {
    margin: 0 auto;
    float: none;
}
body.home #secondary {
    display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Hello Movin

Thank you for your kind answer

I tried the custom css, but unfortunaley, it doesn’t (completely) work :

Plus side : the sidebar is no more on front page (and still there on other pages)

Minus side : the area where the sidebar was stays empty, and the front page doesnt takes all the space but only the left side.

I had not this behavior with dazzling 1.5 (see my site here : www.choeurduluberon.fr)

Best regards

Etienne

Hi Etienne,

Minus side : the area where the sidebar was stays empty, and the front page doesnt takes all the space but only the left side.

Could you please share your site URL where it’s not displaying correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

unfortunately not, because my test site is a local site on my computer and has no external URL

As I already use a child theme, I tried another solution, using the old “front-page.php” file from 1.5 version, and removing

<?php dazzling_featured_slider(); ?>
<?php dazzling_call_for_action(); ?>

which are now in the header

Seems to work, so I will stick with that, unless you think it unwise

Many thanks for your replies, they gave me ideas for researching the solution

Hi Etienne,

Awesome great to see you got that resolved.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Cheers,
Movin