Search button in chinese. Why?

Hello. Yesterday, the icon of my search button turned into a chinese word. Why is this happening and how can I fix it? It happened practically over night and I figured it’s some kind of plugin issue but disabling plugins didn’t work. Thank you. My website is www.benmorfis.co.uk

In my past experience with Wordpress, I’ve seen that with other themes from time-to-time, I think that image of the Search magnifying glass is usually a Font Awesome issue, if I’m not mistaken? I’ve never been able resolve that with other themes myself as it works sometimes and not others.

Sorry, not much help there, but I believe that to be the right path.

I do have the google fonts plugin. that is the only one that I did not disable. My font is perfect now so I do need that plugin. Woudn’t be easier to fix the magnifying glass icon? Any more help please?

Hi @benmorfis,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

I visited your shared site and it’s displaying fine for me as shown in the attached screenshot.

Is it started working fine for you?

Best Regards,
Movin

It is also now showing correctly for me as well.

Again, in other sites I host, I’ve had Font Awesome-type images show/not show, completely on their own and I’m not sure what causes this! Exact same symptoms as your site was doing where you get the generic box as if the image is not there any longer…then 2 days later, its there.

Weird.

@thankyourob Glad it’s working fine for you now :slight_smile: