Several issues with Shapely theme

Hello colorlib!

I just started using the shapely theme for my new site and have across a bunch of issues I’ve been trying to fix.
(photos in order of issues listed)

1. Under my blog/Posts section I have two different areas for ‘Related Articles’. I like the format of the second one but I read here how to remove the section completely and it got rid of it but left the first one. I’d like to get rid of the first one because it doesn’t have any images and when I click on the ‘thumbnail’ option under the customize area it simply brings up a block of text. Please let me know how I can get rid of the first ‘related article’ section and keep the second one.

2. I’d like to know how to get rid of the post category section, that had android, news, etc… I simply removed the title but of course there’s a blank white space behind it now. Please let me know how I can remove that space above my post titles, thanks.

3. I don’t like the way wp outlines an image whenever i add a caption to it. How can i remove the fake polaroid looking effect? but still have a caption attached to my image. The image is sitting in a paragraph of text for a bio and is aligned to the right of it so this was the only way I found I could kinda ‘wrap text’ around my image without interrupting the paragraph. Please let me know how i can delete the outline.

4. I would also like to know why there is a big white empty space left at the bottom of the footer. please help me get rid of that. I would the page view to end at the footer, not the empty white box.

Please help me out, I would greatly appreciate it!!!
Thank you.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Could you please provide a link to the website so that we can inspect the page and provide some options?

Best Regards,
Support

isaplzz.com

Hello there,

Thanks for that information.

1. Pleas revert the changes you made to remove the previous related posts sections then go to Appearance > Customize > additional CSS and paste the following code there to remove the other related posts section:
/*Related Posts*/
#jp-relatedposts .jp-relatedposts-items {
    display: none;
}

1. Please try adding this CSS code to remove the category section:
/*Post Category Removal*/
.post-content.post-grid-small .shapely-category {
    display: none;
}

1. This CSS code should remove the border on the image:
/*Border removal*/
.thumbnail {
    border: none;
}

4.This may be caused by a plugin, please disable Fancy box to see it that removes the white area.

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you!

1. For some reason I can’t customize my individual posts today! Not sure if that’s just a wp issue but, when I click on my blog section I can see all my different posts with the customize bar at the top however, when I go to customize individual posts the site treats me as a guest, and the customize bar disappears! So I’m unable to add revert the related post section right now but I added the css and it did remove the unwanted section–now i just have no related post section at all unfortunately.

2. This worked well for the blog/posts page but did not work for the individual post pages.

3. Worked well, thank you!

4. I noticed that removing the plugin made the white area smaller but it’s still there. I should’ve mentioned before that I added this CSS previously:

/Remove gap/
section, footer {
padding: 20px;
}

I do not like the original wide footer and I like it’s current size better but I still do not like the white space under the footer.

Also, is there a way for the shop section to have a different sidebar from the blog/posts page? with different menus/widgets.

Thanks again so much!
Best,
Isa

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

1. Kindly try activating the TwentySeventeen theme and see if you’re able to edit your posts again. Please let me know how this turns out so that we can move forward in solving this.

2. Please try adding this CSS along with the one you already have:

span.shapely-category {
display: none!important;
}

1. From my end, I’m not seeing the white spot anymore. Kindly clear your cache and see if that solves the problem.

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hello,

1. When I downloaded the TwentySeventeen theme I was able to customize my posts. I installed shapely again and it does not work.

2. Worked, thank you.

3. I cleared my cache and the space is smaller but still shows. It is only on pages with little content. Please click on the shop section of the top navigation on my site.

Also, is there a way for the shop section to have a different sidebar from the blog/posts page? with different menus/widgets.

Thanks again so much!
Best,
Isa

Hi I’d like to find a solution to my issues with this theme please.

Hi - widgets like a parralax section and the call to action vanish or disappear on the front page, although the back end says everything is tuned rightly. What do i do?

Hi my parralax section and the call to action on the front page vanish. What do I do?

Hello there,

The images that you attached were too big so you may have to try adding smaller images.

Please ensure that there is content in both of these widgets. This issue could also be caused by a third party plugin causing a conflict so please try disabling any third party plugins you have active.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi there . wich images? the ones in the widgets that disappeared? - It worked fine yesterday.

Plus: there are no images in the Call for action widget.

There is and was content in the widgets all the time.

AS you can see - the the widgets in question can hardly be seen in the customizer either

How can this happen - see picture

Parralax sections keep vanishing in the building process. Even in the customizer they are hardly to access - see the picture. This is very frustrating. It#s the second site I tried but Shapely keeps failing on me…

Hello there,

This is a very strange issue. You said that it started recently, so I would recommend clearing your browser cache then use the following plugin to delete your WordPress cache:

Best Regards,
Support