Shapely Parallax section 2nd page issues

Hello,

I am making a website using the Shapely theme and I have encountered a problem when I want to create some kind of header on a secondary page. I use a Shapely Parallax section for frontpage for this. If pick a background and put it either left, right, top or bottom it displays the widget correctly, but if I use either background full or background small the entire widget become a blank field on the webpage. This way does work completely fine on the home page.

Does anybody know how this could be fixed?
Looking forward to some of your solutions.

-Ralph

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
In order to check your question i need to see your live website, please provide url and i will take a look

Hello Noda,
The link to the specific page is http://helpdeskaanhuis.com/wordpress/computer-en-laptop/
As you can see it does display a button, but it does not show the title nor the image.
Let me know if you need any additional information.

Hi there

Looks like checking several things in the backend is necessary, please send me your access credentials along with your website URL and I will investigate this case.
Don’t forget to mark your reply as private! Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Hello Noda,
The username is admin and the password is kgn21yHfUC
The link is http://helpdeskaanhuis.com/wordpress/wp-admin/

Thanks for all your help.

I believe I have the same problem. Could you publish a public solution that I also could use?

I have a fully functioning homepage with parallax sections, and I have created ‘builder’ pages as subpages, which enables widgets to be used on these subpages. The parallax sections with the picture displayed top, bottom, left or right, works perfectly*, but the parallax section where the picture is ‘Background full’ or ‘Backrground small’ does not work.
I am running WordPress Version 4.9.4 and shapely v1.2.1
I have searched and read similar forumpost but found no working solutions. (For instance: https://colorlibsupport.com/t/adding-a-second-parallax-page/ . I tried using the widget shortcode plugin, but had the same result)

except for the colors of the second button, does not follow the same colors as the second button of a parallax section with the picture in the background when you customise the color with css. But this is also a problem on the frontpage.
In the attached picture i did not actually use pictures. I created blank parallax sections to show the error with the button colors.
The code i used to customize the second button color is:
/
2nd button color /
.btn.btn-lg.btn-white {
border-color: #99CA3C;
color: #222;
background-color: #99CA3C;
}
/
2nd button hovercolor */
.btn-white:hover, .image-bg .btn:hover, .image-bg .btn:visited:hover { background-color: greenyellow;
color: #222;
border-color: greenyellow;
})

I found a solution!
In the theme editor (appearance -> editor)
find the file functions.php.
Find the following css code (from line250-252):
if ( is_page_template( ‘page-templates/template-home.php’ ) ) {
wp_enqueue_script( ‘shapely-parallax’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/assets/js/parallax.min.js’, array( ‘jquery’ ), ‘20160115’, true );
}

Copy it and change “template-home.php” to “template-widget.php”
The code should now say
if ( is_page_template( ‘page-templates/template-home.php’ ) ) {
wp_enqueue_script( ‘shapely-parallax’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/assets/js/parallax.min.js’, array( ‘jquery’ ), ‘20160115’, true );
}
if ( is_page_template( ‘page-templates/template-widget.php’ ) ) {
}

Parallax sections should now work on both the homepage and on the builderpages you make

Hello there,

Nice work providing this solution, I would recommend that you use a child theme to hold those changes to the code.

Here is a plugin to use:

Best Regards,
Support

Hey there,
Thanks a lot for your fix and elaborate instruction Pastor! You may consider yourself a real Shapely artist now:P

Good evening :slight_smile:

Is everything ok now? can we mark this question as a resolved?