Shapely: Portfolio title gets cut off

I’m using the portfolio widget to showcase some blog posts, and I’m finding that the title is getting cut off at around 50 characters for each of them. How can I fix this?

Hi,

Can you show us the website address to check the issue?

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi laranz,

My site is www.mayaholm.me / you’ll find the portfolio section by scrolling down the front page.

Cheers,
Maya

Hi Maya,

If you’re telling the writing samples area, I see that the titles are more than 50 characters, for example, this title, “From the Net Impact Chapter Blog: Spotlight on Kellogg’s Net Impact Week” has 72 characters, can you clarify it is the right spot? or tell us exactly what the issue is using a screenshot?

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi laranz.,

Sorry, I suppose I meant I’m using blog posts as part of my portfolio, so once you actually click on the link of “From the Net Impact Chapter Blog: Spotlight on Kellogg’s Net Impact Week” for example, it links here where the title gets cut off. It’s the same for all of my other posts as well.

Best,
Maya

Hi,

Ah, got it. :slight_smile:

If you’re using a child theme then go to templates-parts/content.php in the parent theme and copy the same into your child theme with the same directory structure, if not create a child theme and do that, Child Themes « WordPress Codex

After that edit the child theme content.php file, in line #59 you will see this,

<a href="<?php echo esc_url( get_the_permalink() ); ?>"><?php echo wp_trim_words( get_the_title(), 9 ); ?></a>

change that to,

<a href="<?php echo esc_url( get_the_permalink() ); ?>"><?php get_the_title(); ?></a>

If you’re struggling with that, let me know, I create that child theme for you!

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.