Shapely suddenly does not look like shapely

Seems that my website format has changed format. The Shapely theme no longer looks like shapely. Has turned to blank generic looking format without the shapely bells and whistles.

Have you seen this problem before? No recent changes made except deleting spam comments.

Regards, James.

Hi,

It seems the home page is not set, create a new page and change the page template to Homepage in the Page Attributes in the right side of that page, then set the same page to Settings -> Readings -> Front page -> Static page.

Also make sure you have the shapely companion plugin installed/activated the latest version, Shapely Companion – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

If that didn’t help you, pass me the WP Login details, I will check what’s going wrong.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi Laranz,

It’s not a new site, somehow it’s instantly changed to this un-formatted version. Sites been up for ages no recent changes. If you could have a look that would be great I’d like to know how this can be avoided again if possible.

Thanks heaps,
James.

Temp User

User: laranz
password: 6C3dA0H9QTXpfuqC8sT7YGDK

Hi,

It seems you didn’t install the Shapely companion plugin ( Shapely Companion – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org ) I install that and configure the home page.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
laranz.

Thankyou Laranz,

Front page is back to normal and looks good again.
Unfortunately the format on the tabs is all messed up.

1. Inside Portfolio:
    Portfolio - Plunge Pictures
    Top heading is missing and the header images are doubled up. Also same problem under all the sub heading pages. services, the latest, awards etc. All the formatting is no longer as it was.

2 . Also on the main page under the customer referals:
the text shows the HTML <br /> instead of the break.

1. The web site was up for a while already, what exactly could break the formatting like that I’d like to avoid this happening again. You mentioned that something was not installed, does that mean it was never installed? Or perhaps some virus removed it? If you have some insight there I would appreciate it.

Regards, James.

?

Hi,

Sorry for a late response, I missed your thread somehow.

1. For portfolio page title, you need to set that in Appearance -> Customize -> Shapely Options -> Main Options -> Portfolio Title. Also I removed the top callout so that the default title will show.
  2. If you mean the “What Our Customers Say” at the bottom, you can edit this file, /wp-content/plugins/shapely-companion/inc/widgets/widget-home-testimonials.php and in line #64 you will see this,

<strong><?php echo esc_html( get_the_title() ); ?></strong>

change that to,

<strong><?php echo get_the_title(); ?></strong>

1. I doubt it is removed by a virus, now I see that plugin and it will solve most of the issue. :slight_smile:

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.