Show date on posts but not on pages

Hi, team. I would like to have the same template look on the pages and posts on my site – except that I would like to show the date on posts but NOT show the date on pages.

My site is the following: http://www.talkinginclass.org/

Currently, all pages and posts are currently using the Full Width template and I have the default set to NOT show the date on either pages or posts.

Please advise.

Thanks!
Matt

Hello Matt

Please provide a link to the page where you want to hide dates and page where you want to leave dates,
also, make sure they are enabled initially

Here’s an example of a page where I’d like the date to NOT show:

Here’s an example of a post where I’m fine with the date staying:

I don’t have a huge site, so if this is a change I need to make on each individual page, I’m happy to do it. I just need to know how best to go about it.

Thanks!

Good morning

ok, in this case please use this code:

.page-id-19 .post-content .post-meta,
.page-id-XX .post-content .post-meta,
.page-id-XX .post-content .post-meta {
display: none;
}

just replace XX in the code according to your page Id’s
Page id is individual for each page/post check this link to find id for your pages:

Perfect. Thanks so much. Your team is always very helpful and responsive. I really appreciate it

One final question: If I wanted to remove the date from an individual POST, could change PAGE to POST in the code you gave me, add in the POST id and have the same effect?

Thanks!
Matt

Hello Matt

thank you :slight_smile:

You can use this template for posts:

.page-id-XX .post-meta {
display: none;
}

If you’re happy with our service, don’t forget to rate us: [Shapely] Reviews | WordPress.org