Show longer excerpts on post previews

Hi Movin

Thank you for being so active in this forum. I’ve read through nearly twenty pages but still having some problems with the following:

URL: www.mychineseancestry.com

1. I would like to show longer excerpts of each post on the main page
  2. I also seem to have lost the “READ MORE” links on some of the older posts

Also, I tried installing the Child Theme you provided in a separate post, however I was given an error message because of a theme name/re-direction issue:

Error message: “The parent theme is missing. Please install the “Activello-master” parent theme.”

Any help is especially appreciated, thank you

Hi @olivepuns,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. I would like to show longer excerpts of each post on the main page

You can achieve this by using the solution posted in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/increase-text-blogpost-shown-on-homepage/#post-62575

2. I also seem to have lost the “READ MORE” links on some of the older posts

You can display them by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

#page .read-more {
    display: block !important;
}

Also, I tried installing the Child Theme you provided in a separate post, however I was given an error message because of a theme name/re-direction issue:

Error message: “The parent theme is missing. Please install the “Activello-master” parent theme.”

Could you please share me the topic URL from where you downloaded the child theme so that i can help you?

Best Regards,
Movin