Show more than 10 portfolio items

Hello!
I would like my Shapely theme to display more than 10 portfolio items. I have changed the settings in my admin panel to show more items (Settings -> Readings -> Number of projects = 30), but from what I have understood that doesn’t work in the Shapely theme for some reason. I’ve also been trying to find a solution for this problem in previous posts on this forum. For example through these posts/soloutions:

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/shapely-portfolio-needs-more-than-10-items/
I’ve tried downloading Wpide to edit the sites code, but for some reason the Wpide menu item doesn’t show up in my admin sidebar, so I don’t know how to access the plugins functions.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/portfolio-widget-does-not-show-more-than-10-projects/
I also tried downloading the plugin provided here, but it doesn’t change anything on my site when activated.

Does anybody have another solution to this problem?

/// T

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
@toby123 wpide plugin is not only one way of editing file in the WordPress you can use, your hosting panel file browser, you can use Filezilla, you can use native WordPress editor, :slight_smile:
Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Thanks Noda!
I finally solved the problem through a soloution that I haven’t found on the forum yet.

I downloaded WP File Manager and edited this file:
/wp-content/plugins/shapely-companion/inc/widgets/class-shapely-home-portfolio.php

In the file I had to change two values from 10 to my desired number of portfolio projects shown.

'postsnumber' => 10,

and

$instance['postsnumber'] = ( !empty( $new_instance['postsnumber'] ) ) ? absint( $new_instance['postsnumber'] ) : '10';

I hope that this can help somebody in the future :slight_smile:

Hi, there

this is really not about file editor, you can use even notepad to edit files :slight_smile:
Thank you for sharing solution

I will close this case now, Feel free to contact us again if you have other questions Thanks!