Show thumbnails on index-page (newest posts list)

Hello and thank you so much for your theme and the support forum!

I have a question about the visibility of the thumbnails (featured images).
When I choose an image to be a thumbnail for one of my posts, the image shows when I open the post.
This is not the case when I open my front page (which is just a list of excerpts of my 5 newest posts).

My question is: How do I make the post thumbnails visible in the excerpt list of my newest posts (my front page)?

Thank you in advance for your help! :slight_smile:

Hello Annevium,

Thank you for appreciating our work.

If I understand you correctly, you have inserted some pictures into the post which show up just fine when you open the post but when you visit your main page which shows your latest posts - they are not visible there. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Solution:

In order to show the image on the front page, you will need to set one image as the “Featured Image” for that post. When you will edit your post, on the bottom right side you will see an option for “Featured Image” post. Once you set a picture there, it will be shown as the post thumbnail on the main page.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you meant something else.

I have the same issue. But when i define a featured image for a post, it is displayed above the post-inner-content and looks quite strange to me. I would like to move it to the left or the right of my excerpt. (here is a screenshot of the issue: http://snag.gy/q34nV.jpg )
As I’m not a good Template Developer yet, i don’t know which of the files i have to edit: content.php ? content-single.php? content-page.php???..

Thanks for the support in advanced!
Best regards,
Janek

i solved it be myself…cheers :slight_smile: