Sidebar layout + EBS Pro issues

Since updating my site to the latest version of Sparkling and Wordpress 4.5, the layout of my site has been affected.

I’m using a child version of the theme, but I should say up front that I have tried reverting to the original theme AND disabling all plugins except EBS Pro, and the issues remain. I don’t believe the issue lies with EBS Pro, as it hasn’t been updated recently.

As far as the sidebar is concerned, it may not be a ‘fault’ at all, and may just be a change to the layout, as with the disappearing ‘read more’ buttons (now resolved). But the padding in the sidebar between border and content is narrower than it used to be. If you compare my site…

…to the demo at colorlib.com/sparkling/ you’ll see what I mean.

The more serious issue is that the EBS Pro tabs and accordions are not rendering as they should. Have a look at…

…and you’ll see what I mean. Rather than the attractive tabs/accordions, I basically have plain text. Functionally they still work, but it looks ugly as hell.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Hi @paranoimia,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

But the padding in the sidebar between border and content is narrower than it used to be. If you compare my site…

…to the demo at Sparkling - Free flat design WordPress theme developed using Bootstrap 3 and is well suited for blogs, portfolio, design, photography and other creative websites you’ll see what I mean.

I visited both sites but didn’t see difference between them so could you please share the screenshots of the issues so that i can better understand it and help you to resolve it?

The more serious issue is that the EBS Pro tabs and accordions are not rendering as they should. Have a look at…

Gaming Media – Paranoimia

Is it working fine for you using any default WordPress theme like Twenty Fifteen?

If yes then could you please also share the screenshots of it?

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

I didn’t have the Twenty Fifteen/Sixteen themes installed, so had only tested with the original Sparkling. I’ve re-installed both themes and the EBS Pro tabs/accordions are also broken in those, even without any other plugins active. So this is most likely an issue with EBS Pro and WP4.5. I’ll get on to osCitas Themes support about that. Sorry!

The sidebar padding issue remains, though. I’ve attached screenshots as requested. As you can see, the padding between the sidebar border and content is much narrower on my site than it was, and than it is on the demo site - maybe half what it should be. As mentioned, this remains the case with all plugins disabled.

It seems the padding issue is occurring on your site due to EBS plugin CSS conflict.

You can try resolving this issue by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of the latest version of Sparkling theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Sparkling Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

body .well {
    background-color: #fff;
    padding: 30px;
    border: 1px solid #DADADA;
    overflow: hidden;
    clear: both;
} 

After adding that, I get an message saying that the EBS Pro plugin can’t be activated because it caused a fatal error.

The problem definitely seems to lie with the plugin. As the tabs and accordions seem to be broken anyway, I think I may need to look for an alternative if they don’t sort it out soon.

Thanks for your assistance. Of course, if you have any other suggestions to offer, I’ll try them out. But I don’t think the problem is really yours to solve. Thanks again! :slight_smile:

After adding that, I get an message saying that the EBS Pro plugin can’t be activated because it caused a fatal error.

Do you mean you are getting the error message after using the shared CSS code on your site?

And doesn’t that CSS code resolve your padding issue?

I did. But this is strange.

Last week, I had the EBS Pro plugin disabled. I entered the CSS, and when I activated EBS Pro, I received the error mentioned above.

I just tried it again, and it’s fine… and the sidebar issue seems to be resolved.

I’m now puzzled as to what happened last week. I thought it odd that a CSS change would cause such an error, but didn’t have time to try again or investigate.

So that seems to have resolved it. Thank you!

Now if only I can get the tabs and accordions back as they were, I’ll be happy! osCitas have said they’ve resolved the issue and I need to update the EBS Pro plugin, but I have the latest version of the plugin according to Wordpress (4.2) and it’s still not right. :-/

I am sure that CSS code doesn’t generate any fatal error.

Now if only I can get the tabs and accordions back as they were, I’ll be happy! osCitas have said they’ve resolved the issue and I need to update the EBS Pro plugin, but I have the latest version of the plugin according to WordPress (4.2) and it’s still not right. :-/

Ok then you can tell them this information which will help them to understand your issue and resolve it.