site crushed extras.php syntax error

Hi Activello Creators and Support Team

thank you for your work. a big fan. an unexperienced fan, too:
I tried to follow a support thread on changing the footer info and ended up with:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘.’ in /home/karina/public_html/wp-content/themes/activello/inc/extras.php on line 160

would appreciate a step-by-step (“for dummies”) support and ready to provide additional info. cheers,
K

Hi @mamnzp,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can change the Activello text from the footer by editing it in the footer option “Copyright Text” of theme as displayed in the attached screenshot.

To change other footer text you have to use the child theme solutions shared in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/modify-footer-for-mobile-version/#post-53854

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,
thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate it.

the thing is I CANNOT ACCESS my site, so will not be able to introduce any changes.
no matter what I try to enter: my wordpress or to see my website www.karinateuchtmann.com
I get the same message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘.’ in /home/karina/public_html/wp-content/themes/activello/inc/extras.php on line 160

any hope & guidance?

thank you for your assistance

Karina

I think you have made some changes in the theme file /activello/inc/extras.php which is causing this issue.

To access your site back please replace the code in this modified file from the following original theme file

You can access this theme file on your site using FTP or cPanel file manager of your site.