Size of pictures after update

Hey Movin!

Hope you’re fine today.

So after the recent theme update some pictures on my website are smaller than they should be (photo attached)

How can I fix it? Regenerate Thumbnails plugin is not a solution for me because it messes with pictures I don’t wanna change.

www.biggerthanlimits.com - my website

Please help.

Anna

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

I’ve been seeing this issue popping up in the forums and you’re the first one to confirm that regenerate thumbnails doesn’t fix the issue. Thanks much.

Kindly try to add and save the following code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

.blog img.single-featured.wp-post-image {
width: 680px!Important;
height: auto!Important;
}

I hope this helps to solve the issue.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

Thank you for your answer but it didn’t solve the issue.

After adding this code pictures look like in the attached photo.

Is there any other way?

Anna

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

I’m sorry that didn’t work for you.
You may have a look at the article below on how to adjust your featured image sizes.

Steps one and three should work, however, if they don’t, you’ll probably have to list this as a bug in the theme’s GitHub which you can find at the link below:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi.

I listed a bug as you advised and they also told me to Regenerate Thumbnails which I gave one more shot and now all the pictures look bad.

Is there any code/child theme that can fix it and make it the way it used to be?

Anna

Hello there,

I had a look at the page once more and the image appears to be fine. Please clear your browser cache and reload the page then tell me if the issue persists.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

Some of them look fine now but first two images are much bigger than the rest (and the images of new posts are same as those two). I had all my images sizes set up for a certain size and now it doesn’t look good.

Is there any way for all images to look as the 3rd,4th etc? (the way they used to before theme update)
I don’t want them that big.

Anna

Hello there,

Thanks for clearing that up.

Please try using the following CSS code to fix the image height by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there.

/*Featured image height*/
img.single-featured.wp-post-image {
    height: 244px;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

Thank you for this code. It’s not a perfect solution because it doesn’t adjust the picture to its new size and it doesn’t look like it did before. (messes with quality, previously the picture was adjusted to feature size and looked like it does now when you open the post and now it looks like someone changed its size)

Please let me know if there’s a better solution.

Anna

Hello there,

Thanks for updating me.

Please go to Appearance > Editor > Theme Functions, then search for the following text “add_image_size”, there should be a few entries related to this. Please copy and paste them here, they determine how the images a cropped and I would like to see if the update changed them.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi!

Here:

add_image_size( ‘activello-featured’, 1170, 550, true );
add_image_size( ‘activello-slider’, 1920, 550, true );
add_image_size( ‘activello-thumbnail’, 330, 220, true );
add_image_size( ‘activello-medium’, 640, 480, true );
add_image_size( ‘activello-big’, 710, 335, true );

Anna

Please see the answer posted in the following topic for the similar question.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/featured-image-all-different-sizes-after-theme-update/#post-100126

Hi Movin,

I used the plugin you provided and it didn’t help

Anna

Please try regenerating thumbnails using plugin Force Regenerate Thumbnails – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org on your site.

I’ve tried that and it only messed up the quality of pictures on my website + I want them to be the same size as before and the ones I’ve “regenerated” are bigger (first 2 on my website and every new one I add as a feature www.biggerthanlimits.com)

Solved the issue :slight_smile:

Thanks Movin for always being helpful :slight_smile:

Anna

Hi there,
Same here :-(… http://www.livelifegreen.de
Just the first two pictures of each page are same as before the update. The rest ist messed up. I tried the advices you were giving above but none of it did work.
Could the developers please fix that issue? I’m really not an css expert and I just want everything to look as good as before.
Thanks a lot!
Alex

@annag92 what did work in the end??

Hey @kilielini,
Hope you’re doing well today

It seems the issue has been resolved in the GitHub here:

Please have a look at the thread there and see if it helps.

Best Regards,
Support

Yes, this is the one that worked!

Thank you.

Anna

Hello and thank you for your fast answer ;-).
What can I do if I’m not using a childtheme?
Best Regards
Alex