Slider/header image on homepage

Hi there,

I’m fairly new to Wordpress and I’m having some trouble adding a picture to the homepage header of my blog.
I have searched the forum all day for a solution, but I just can’t figure it out.

I’m loving your theme, but as simple as it might be, I just want an image at the homepage header of my blog. Not on a post, just in the header above the posts. I know I have to set a ‘featured image’ for the header, but where can I do this? I know how to add a new page/post, and add a featured image for that specific page/post. But I can’t seem to find where to set the image for the homepage.

I’ve checked the checkbox in Theme options - Main, but I’m stuck on what to do next. I hope I’m clear enough, and that you can give me some answers.

Silvana

Hi Simplysilvana,

By “Image” do you mean the logo of your website header or do you mean the image(s) in the slider?

Slider/ Header images are two different things. Let me make it simple and easy to understand for you.

Option 1: Header Image

1. Go to your WordPress Dashboard.
  2. Navigate to Appearance > Header.
  3. Upload your desired image there. You can also choose one from Media Library if you have the image already uploaded.
  4. Once done, click on “Save Changes”.

Keep in mind that the suggested width and height is 300x76pixels for it to appear correctly. However, you will be given an option to crop the image before using it.

Reload the website to preview changes.

Option 2: Slider Image

Please Note: The slider images are the “Featured Images” of the most recent Posts inside any category. So you need to make sure that the category from which you are trying to pull the slider images have already a Featured Image set.

1. Go to your WordPress Dashboard.
  2. Navigate to Appearance > Theme Options > Main.
  3. Check the box which says “Check if you want to enable slider”.
  4. Choose the Category from which you want the Featured Images to appear on the slider.
  5. Choose Number of slide items. If you want a single picture to appear there, choose “1”. The Featured Image from the latest picture will be used.
  6. Click on “Save Options”.

Reload the website to preview changes.

If it is something else apart from the above 2, do let us know and post a screenshot or a link to your website if possible so that we can have a look at it.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Hi!

I meant the Slider Image. Thanks a lot, I get it now. (: Since I’m setting up my blog, I did not have any posts with featured images. That’s why it wouldn’t show up.

But if I’m correct, I really have to use a picture in a blogpost first before I can set it as a slider image? Because I’m not planning on featuring my slider image (specifically made as a banner for my website) in a blogpost.